Drift®, the Conversation Cloud company, helps businesses connect with people at the right time, in the right place with the right conversation. Using the Drift Conversation Cloud, businesses can personalize experiences that lead to more quality pipeline, revenue and lifelong customers. Drift brings Conversational Marketing, Conversational Sales and Conversational Service into a single platform that integrates chat, email and video and powers personalized experiences with artificial intelligence (AI) at all stages of the customer journey. More than 5,000 customers use Drift to deliver a more enjoyable and more human buying experience that builds trust and accelerates revenue. Representing less than 1% of unicorns led by Latino founders, Drift is building an equitable, enduring company to transform the way businesses buy from businesses
About the role
As a Senior Staff Engineer, you’ll be instrumental in enabling teams to move forward more quickly by building out frameworks, infrastructure, and tools. You will educate, mentor and influence others on quality, testing best practices, and help define and improve top-line quality business metrics.
By month 3 you'll
- Establish quality standards and help us create a quality strategy to reach those standards
- Work with a single product team to understand areas of improvement and create a strategy for addressing them
- Improve tools and guides for testing.
By month 6 you'll
- Work directly with teams and coach them. We will expect you to show quality improvement for one product area.
- Be an advocate for quality and help advance the culture of teams owning quality
By 1 year you’ll
- Continually improve tooling, processes, and patterns to improve speed, efficiency, quality, and reliability. You will need to establish metrics, and show continuous progress by showing your work and how it impacted the metric.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 7+ years tenured, relevant experience of quality engineering experience preferably with experience building large-scale applications
- Has experience leading quality across multiple Engineering teams
- Has worked in B2B Enterprise SaaS for 3+ years, Marketing or Sales products a strong plus.
- Has worked in a quality enablement role, not just with teams of Quality Engineers
- Has partnered with Engineering to develop a planning and roadmap process to align with the company strategy
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST APIs for use in production.
- Systems thinker
- Can look at a product and dive into different product areas to help prioritize and implement quality strategies spanning different areas of quality, e.g. load testing, automation, deployment, integration testing, etc
- Has Enterprise software experience
- Considered an expert of a server-side programming language (Java, Python)
- Has worked at a stage company similar or in line with Drift’s growth
- Built something and scaled it (stayed in role 2-3+ years)
- Skilled in troubleshooting and incident response
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com. #LI-Remote