Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role and team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of Professional Services is to ensure our most strategic customers get the most out of their investment with Drift. We do this by taking on customer work to ensure strong business outcomes, leveraging a consultative approach, Drift best practices, and maniacal attention to detail.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, you will directly manage members of this team and be responsible for the delivery of Drift services. You will also grow the team’s offerings, always seeking to reduce customer work associated with achieving their business goals. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and leverage your consultative and exceptional communication skills to develop meaningful relationships with both customers and colleagues.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Lead and scale our growing services business, ensuring an excellent customer experience and that outcomes meet customer goals.
- Hire, enable, coach, and develop your team of high performing Drift experts to align with individual, team, and company goals.
- Partner with Onboarding Managers, Customer Success and Account Management teams to ensure your team is meeting customer expectations.
- Analyze customer performance data to optimize team performance and enhance Drift service offerings.
- Work with the Sales team to sell the value of Drift services to prospective customers.
- Partner with go-to-market leaders to improve and expand service offerings.
By month 3 you'll
- Complete all employee- and manager-related onboarding activities.
- Develop a solid understanding of Drift’s products, teams, how goals are set, and how work gets done; begin to work effectively cross-functionally to achieve goals.
- Be able to articulate the value of our service offerings and answer prospect and customer questions.
- Have participated in prospect calls and multiple customer calls with each of your team members, establishing important customer relationships at the same time.
- Document your observations, questions, and recommendations as you come up to speed.
- Continue to master your knowledge of Drift products and have a deep understanding of the industry.
- Establish a cadence of working with other managers and leaders on the CS and Sales teams.
- Determine and assess a variety of opportunities to increase the depth and breadth of our services offerings.
- Help recruit and hire open positions on your team.
- Work with Drift’s People Team to find a leadership mentor.
- Collaborate with your team to establish a deep understanding of each customer in their book of business. Ensure process adherence and positive progress toward customer goals.
- Serve as an escalation point for your team.
- Advise each team member on development goals and progress.
By month 6 you'll
- Have a proactive, independently managed routine established for working with your team.
- Be consistently hitting your goals.
- Partner with Voice of the Customer to ensure visibility into customer satisfaction with engagements.
- Partner with go-to-market leaders to prioritize, develop, and launch new service offerings.
- Develop process efficiencies in partnership with your team, CS enablement and Operations.
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth for yourself and each team member you manage.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to develop a vision for the evolution, growth, and scale of the services team.
By 1 year you’ll
- Lead a team that successfully delivers a variety of valuable services to customers, possibly including revenue acceleration strategy, Drift optimization, customer training, technical account management, and more.
- Meet or exceed all goals, including customer outcomes and satisfaction, as well as Drift business and people goals.
- Have established strong relationships with a wide variety of customer leaders.
- Be seen by the Sales organization as a go-to resource for articulating the value of services to prospective customers.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience leading and growing a services team at a technology company.
- 5+ years management experience, preferably within a customer success organization or comparable customer-facing roles, in a high growth technology company.
- Strong consultative skill set and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to influence customer and internal stakeholders.
- Willingness to experiment – even if something doesn't work, be prepared to learn from your failures.
- Quick learner, always looking to embrace and master new technologies.
- Deep understanding of the needs of growing businesses and strong business acumen.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com. #LI-Remote