Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the Team
Drift’s Sales Development team is responsible for driving pipeline for Small-Medium Enterprise and Enterprise accounts. We do this by researching, prospecting, and contacting accounts with the goal of scheduling a meeting with an Account Executive that will convert to an opportunity.
About the role/ About the team:
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for driving the results of the SDR team by coaching, coordinating, measuring, problem solving and leading. The Sales Development Manager contributes to the strategies and executes plans while upholding the standards to ensure that opportunity creation and pipeline goals are met or exceeded. This role requires a self-starting, proactive, results-oriented sales management professional.
As a Sales Development Manager, you will coach 5-10 SDRs on prospecting methods, using a combination of Drift, phone, email, social media, and direct mail to help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position Drift. You’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with the Heads of Enterprise Sales, Head of Sales Development, and VP of Marketing - Demand Generation.
By month 3 you’ll
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with your direct reports
- Coach and mentor Sales Development Representatives to optimum performance
- Understand reporting in Salesforce and use data to coach BDRs on specific behaviors
- Report team performance metrics to the Head of Sales Development
By month 6 you'll
- Bring your thinking, strategy and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
- Present ideas to maximize workflow in the SDR org
- Contribute to ideas, content, and delivery of onboarding and ongoing training for SDR org
By month 12 you'll
- Identify problems and proactively create comprehensive plans of action to present to senior management
- Ensure company and department policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend updates when needed
- Organize and deploying team resources in accordance with department and company strategies
- Work with Head of Sales Development to identify a plan of continued career growth
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; phenomenal teammate
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Confident and love sharing success with your team
- Take extreme ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
- Ability to succeed without all the answers
- Support and coach your team members to develop their career paths and goals
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com
What's it like to work at Drift?
At Drift, we care about people. We want to delight our customers every day and look to them as our biggest source of motivation and feedback. We come in each day ready to build the things they need, and sometimes that means changing plans on a dime. We care about each other and are each other's biggest hype machines. We are hungry for growth, both as a company and as individuals. We thrive on feedback, and seek to level up every member of the team through mentorship and learning opportunities. We are driven by our ability to operate autonomously, deliver value daily, and share learnings with each other. We know that failure is an important part of the process and see it as an opportunity to grow and better serve our customers and ourselves in the future. We show up ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done, whether it means asking for help, going beyond our technical know how, or breaking down ambiguous problems, we’re here for it.