Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
As the Head of Customer Marketing you will build the customer marketing strategy at Drift. You will work closely with Sales and Customer Success to understand our customer pipeline and make recommendations around how we can improve our customer experience with marketing to increase our customer engagement, retention and progression from purchase to advocacy.
In addition to defining the customer marketing strategy you will have the opportunity to build the customer marketing team that
through program execution helps to build trust with our customers. Beyond customer advocates and stories, your program will involve helping customers connect with customers to build a loyal community around Drift. You will help our customers do the best work of their lives resulting in their business success as well as helping us increase the awareness of our differentiated messaging, product usage and resulting case studies and stories. You should be an excellent relationship builder and proven marketing leader driven by the opportunity to build a high impact team that loves connecting customers with companies to help everyone reach success.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Define and build the customer marketing team and program at Drift.
- Work with the marketing team to build a repeatable and scalable customer program that results in high customer engagement and conversion to advocacy.
- Identify appropriate marketing technologies, systems and processes to ensure transparency and visibility to customer engagement, marketing materials and marketing touches with customers.
- Help to build executive level customer engagements to increase engagement and awareness of the Drift value that then translates into success for economic buyers and builds their success into customer advocates
- Create a strong funnel of customers who advocate on behalf of Drift.
- Develop innovative new ideas to engage customers and showcase their unique stories.
- Create a strong pipeline of customer leads for a consistent cadence of customer references resulting in the best customer stories in the business.
- Work with customers to help them engage throughout their adoption and usage journey not only with Drift but with each other resulting in high customer satisfaction and advocacy within all marketing channels.
- Develop ideas that help our customers feel loved while helping them build their success resulting in a steady flow of customer endorsements. .
- Own flawless execution, track and measure customer success, and report weekly metrics
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 8+ years experience working in high impact marketing and delivering compelling results
- 6+ years demonstrated success in storytelling and driving successful customer engagements leading to customer advocacy and partnership
- 5+ years experience managing and building high impact product or customer marketing teams
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales or CS or both to deliver compelling customer assets
- Excellent skills in crafting stories that convince/persuade prospects to engage and take action
- Track record of successful public speaking demonstrating a true command of content and message
- Experience in developing innovative and compelling presentations
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org