Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the role
Drift is the fastest growing technology company in Boston. We have more than 275 employees between our offices in Boston and San Francisco, adding more than 100 employees in the last 12 months.
As the Director of Talent Acquisition, you will help build our strategy and our organization by anticipating business needs as we continue to increase our team, scale our organization, and expand to international markets. You will improve the effectiveness of our current team and processes, and drive strategic change.
You will be a key member of the People Leadership team in helping define our talent acquisition strategies and work with all levels of the organization to fulfill our goals.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
In one month you'll
- You will work extensively with our Head of People Operations and our Director of Learning and Development to coordinate our talent acquisition strategy with our company’s leadership principles, training and culture.
- Create and drive a talent acquisition strategy that supports a diverse workforce of top talent to help Drift achieve its growth strategies.
- Collaborates with business leaders on Workforce Planning to deliver against business hiring needs and ensures the company stays abreast of current hiring trends, competitive compensation programs, best practices and employment related data.
- Ensure that candidates that move through Drift’s process have a positive experience.
- Identifies and manages external talent acquisition and technology vendors that supports the hiring process (we use Greenhouse).
By month 3 you'll
- Evolve the talent acquisition model from operational recruiting to integrated/optimized model with strategic workforce planning, employment branding, successful social media campaigns, candidate relationship management, and a focus on robust talent acquisition programs such as Diversity, Alumni, Employee Referral, Professional Networks, etc.
- Ensure consistent process documentation across the talent acquisition team
- Use reporting and data to improve recruiting efficiency and to support Drift’s business departments
- Leads a talent acquisition team that promotes a positive, high-performing, fun, innovative, and growth-oriented environment that consistently delivers results.
By month 6 you'll
- Acts as a strong partner to business leaders to provide consultation on talent acquisition strategies,challenges, and emerging talent trends in the market.
- Lead long-range workforce planning that impacts the recruitment, engagement, performance, training, development, and retention of our workforce. Look for opportunities to think innovatively, optimizing the talent acquisition process and team, with a focus on scalable solutions.
- Champion diversity and culture in all aspects of the hiring process, from content of job descriptions, training for hiring managers, formulation of interview panels as well as candidate experience leading into measurable improvement in availability and selection of diverse candidates into the organization.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies to build out pipeline for current and future hiring demands, understanding business / geo expansion plans.
- Partner with Marketing and the Head of People to promote the Drift employee value proposition and implement online and offline employer branding activities.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- At least 8 years of progressive responsibility within a global TA team including at least 5 years leading a team in that function, within a fast-paced technology or SaaS company Direct management experience of a recruiting team
- Experience in developing long term talent acquisition strategies
- Experience in the tech industry and preferably software industry, and comfortable with multi-tasking and prioritization
- Models diversity and inclusion awareness
- Analytical mindset, detail-oriented, comfortable with data and processes
- Experience in the build out of operations, data analytics, technology, tools, platforms and processes that help streamline global TA effort, bringing a faster time to hire and a diverse slate of high performing talent into the business, balancing a desire for consistency with an awareness of local market factors and needs
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.