Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
The goal of the Customer Advocate Team is to be the voice of our customers and drive change. You’ll be the closest to the customer and interacting with them daily, so we’re leaning on you to identify and advocate for how we can keep improving the customer experience.
What you’ll be doing on the team
In one month you’ll…
- Attend training to learn the Drift story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Learn how Drift works and why our customers use it
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Shadow colleagues, learn best practices for what makes Drift Customers successful
- Resolve customer questions in chat and email
By month 3 you’ll…
- Continue to master your knowledge of the Drift product and have a deep understanding of how our customers use Drift to achieve their goals
- Manage the frontlines by juggling customer conversations while maintaining five-star customer service standards
- Be the squeaky wheel that advocates for the customers to our product teams. You will be expected to help ship changes that reduce the number of product related questions
By month 6 you’ll…
- Master an ever-changing product as fast, if not faster, than the company is growing
- Own swift resolution of technical issues on behalf of our customers by partnering with the product team. This includes identifying, escalating, and suggesting solutions in order to drive a successful outcome
- Drive projects forward that synthesize your customer interactions and internal Drift processes to improve the customer experience
- Be consistently hitting and exceeding your customer experience goals
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You’re driven by having conversations. You WANT to learn from and teach our customers all day, every day
- You are excited by technology and staying on top of ever changing industry trends
- You’re a natural, composed communicator – you have a clear, personable, kind, and informative communication style
- You are curious, motivated, and driven by new challenges
- You are a team player. You are very comfortable asking for help and always ready to help others
- You are excited by constant change and can maintain order in a fast and fascinating environment
- You are excited to take on new tasks as they come up and solve problems in real time
Don’t bother applying if any of these things are true about you:
- You’re afraid to get your hands dirty (really)
- You’re afraid to “carry the water” (Listen to this episode of Seeking Wisdom)
- You don’t have a bias for action – having a goal and setting small actionable items daily to achieve it
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com