Drift is seeking an Application Security Engineer to help design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are ingraining security into the core of how we build our product from inception and design to deployment in the cloud and are seeking the right individual to.
This high visibility role will work closely with Product and Engineering teams performing core application security practices like threat modeling, design review, secure code reviews, and security testing while continuously improving our SDLC.
What you’ll be doing on the Security team at Drift:
- Drive activities like application security training, requirements & standards, threat modeling, static & dynamic security testing and so on, into Drift’s development processes
- Identify, prioritize and promote security practices that create the most impact in reducing overall security risk of the application
- Provide application security guidance and oversight across Security, Engineering & Product teams
- Provide hands-on remediation guidance to development teams
- Influence the design and implementation of upcoming products and services with security and privacy by design mindset
- Take a risk-based approach, to prioritize remediation of security findings
- Develop and report metrics measuring the state of application security program
- Understand existing SDLC and identify how to improve and streamline it
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a closely-related degree
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of secure design practices such as Threat modeling and common software vulnerabilities such as CWE top 25 and OWASP Top 10.
- Experience as an application security practitioner in an Agile environment
- Experience with various development, debugging and application security tools
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Proactive, organized, analytical, detail-oriented and persistent
Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
At Drift, team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Drift, so we move fast every single day.