Do you want to create and execute local marketing and strategy plans with local initiatives, to raise awareness and drive ticket sales? We are looking for a Marketing Manager to DreamHack! We have a burning passion for esports and gaming, and if you do too we would love to see you apply.
What we want you to do
In the role as Marketing Manager - North America, you will be based in Dallas, with access to our workspace in Takhoma, Seattle. You report to the Head of Marketing and belong to the marketing team consisting of five people based in our HQ in Stockholm. This role includes a high level of responsibility and you will create and lead the marketing strategy in the US.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include;
- Recruit a team of ambassadors and volunteers to market DreamHack US events locally and regionally
- Responsible for having DreamHack represented at local events (by attending yourself or via ambassadors/volunteers)
- Work with high schools and universities to raise awareness around DreamHack
- Document and report all marketing initiatives in both written form and pictures
- Work with DreamHack’s FreePlay setups in North America, be responsible for setting up marketing materials and channels in and around the FreePlay area where applicable.
- Identify local influencers, tournament/event organizers, and top players to build relationships with them and potentially have them attend our events
- Attend training and on own initiative develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Ensure company success by transparent reporting & communication, cross product cooperation and acting in accordance with company values and regulations
What we can do for you
We work with cutting-edge technology and deliver great experiences for our audience and our partners. As the interest and the hype around esport and gaming really heating up it is always important for us to put you in a professional context and give you the best tools available.
We feel that our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home. Gaming is in our DNA so expect a lot of opportunities to play games and while your attendance will not be required at all DreamHack events, you will have the chance to attend several events worldwide.
What we ask of you
To thrive and to be successful in this role, we believe that you are self motivated, proactive and great at taking own initiatives and decisions, both on the strategic and operative level. You have a passion for e-sport and DreamHack and can't wait to take this challenge!
We expect you to tick these boxes;
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the work field
- Knowledge about the local areas and communities
Apply today with your CV! Include your interest and experience within gaming and/or e-sports in your application.