About the Role:
The Director of Sales Operations (DSO) manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent. The DSO is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the assigned sales organization. Reporting to the Senior Director of Enablement and Sales Operations, the DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing a team of Sales Operations Specialists.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level supervisors.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm. Supports the equitable assignment of salesforce quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization.
- Recommends revisions to existing reports and assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM (Salesforce), to field sales teams.
- Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- 2+ years of previous SFDC administrative experience (data-loading back-end management and reporting)
- 2+ years sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, preferably EdTech
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- Proven record of achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business unit supported. Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives. Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness. Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.