About the Role:
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, Front-End, Tech Lead, you will be in a hands-on technical leadership role on an agile team building an enterprise level, customer facing product. Your work will directly result in improvements to student's learning and educator engagement. You will have the opportunity to work with other talented developers, quality engineers and designers who focus on web-based front-end technologies and who build UIs used by hundreds of thousands of educators. You will build front-end applications that mix complex functionality with visually appealing design. You will mentor and teach other developers, do technical designs, write code, work with Product and Design to develop solutions, lead code reviews, and have a great time. This is a technical lead role, not a management position.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead technical design sessions with other developers to determine how to build features
- Make decisions on technologies, technical designs, and approaches
- Writes code with focus on, but not limited to, the front-end and middle-tier parts of software products
- Actively participates in team meetings such as exits, demos, retrospectives, grooming, and planning – helping facilitate streamlined team functioning
- Owns parts of feature sets from inception through implementation and past release into customer use
- Advocates for technology work (such as technical investment and innovation) with product managers so that the right mix of core infrastructure and external features get built
- Interfaces as an SME with other teams such as product management, client success, curriculum, and marketing
- Participates in code reviews for peers
- Hands on experience with Angular, preferably at least Angular 12.
- Experience working on large scale project in an enterprise environment (customer facing preferred)
- Strong understanding and working experience with REST Service integration.
- Experience with CSS Pre-processors – especially SASS.
- Nice to have: ability to work in the middle-tier of systems written in Java/JSP and Ruby on Rails.
- Working experience and strong knowledge of SOA and microservices with a focus on how front-end pieces fit into an entire SaaS architecture.
- Experience with working in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience working on agile teams
- Attention to detail and a quality-first mindset
- Ability to break down larger bodies of work into epics, stories, and sub-tasks and to size the work appropriately to get from vision to release.
- CS degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.