About the Role:
As an SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) on our SRE team, your primary focus will be on developing tools that engineers across the organization can leverage to ship quality products. You will partner with engineers across various teams to understand needs, and then design and implement tooling that will allow for efficient and comprehensive testing. This may include, but is not limited to, tooling for performance validation, data generation, user simulation, and quality-focused dashboards. The ideal candidate is someone who not only loves both development and testing – but knows how to make it actionable; who enjoys identifying roadblocks to efficiencies and replacing them with automation; has a driving curiosity to discover what works, why, and an unrelenting desire to improve results and efficiencies.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work and collaborate with a team of engineers with diverse skill sets to drive solutions
- Directly contribute to the design and development of toolsets and processes that increase the efficiency of quality validation
- Identify and automate away existing manual processes to enable engineering teams to self-service their application delivery needs
- Create tooling and/or processes to make quality status transparent and effectively communicated across teams
- Create and maintain validation environments and infrastructure on AWS in a Mac OS X/Linux environment
- Monitor the effectiveness of solutions developed to help inform the next iteration of changes to our quality processes
- 7+ years of automation or development experience
- Strong technical skills with expertise in a modern programming language such as Java, Go or Python
- Must have experience with Cloud technologies such as the AWS stack, Docker, Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Kubernetes, etc.
- This is a highly collaborative role; must be able and willing to work closely with developers and other quality engineers on the design & review of each other’s work
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with large-scale production SOA systems and microservice architectures
- Passionate about cloud system's availability, resiliency, and scalability
- Experience with performance testing is a plus
- Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical people
- Strive to do work you're proud of
#LI-Remote #BI-Remote #LI-DJ1
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.