Dr. B is looking for curious, mission-driven and experienced product designers to lead our fast-growing team in the fight against COVID-19.
You will make last-minute vaccine delivery a breeze for patients and healthcare workers alike as part of our top-notch product team. You will work closely with talented peers from a variety of backgrounds across our product management, design, and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions. You will contribute to defining Dr. B’s product vision, interaction patterns, design system components, and visual polish through storyboards, personas, wireframes, prototypes, and specs.
If you’re motivated by creating solutions that make a difference, you’ll be right at home. Dr. B is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means we’re driven by our mission rather than profits.
What success looks like:
- Lead the product experience creative vision and design a product experience which simplifies vaccine distribution for our patients and clinicians.
- Collaborate seamlessly with designers, engineers, and product managers to conceive and refine project requirements, user needs, and business needs.
- Define and maintain processes that enable us to deliver a top-quality product, including wireframing workflows (first use, daily use, edge cases, error states etc.) and designing layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components.
- Identify new opportunities for user input and conduct and analyze user research through tools including interviews, A/B tests, and surveys.
- Clearly articulate the Dr. B design vision through prototypes, presentations, and mocks.
What you will bring:
- Experience! You have successfully worked across both user experience and interface design (ideally in healthcare) for 5+ years and hold a relevant degree.
- Proficiency building and working with design systems, including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch,, responsive/HTML/CSS design,.
- A collaborative nature that prioritizes the success and cohesion of your team - we succeed as one.
- Empathy for users and a continuous desire to learn more from them
- Comfort with communicating technical concepts and working across all functions of an organization to directly influence product direction.
- Initiative to work in a self-directed manner to solve design challenges and pose new and productive questions about user experiences.
- A track record of success in designing and shipping elegant whole app feature-level experiences.
Why Dr. B?
- Work with and learn from industry leaders from healthcare, tech, and non-profit backgrounds in a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Contribute to building an exciting tool in the critical fight against the spread of COVID-19.
- Cooperative, mission-driven culture with a focus on equity, expanding access to healthcare, and contributing to the industry as a whole through our open source software initiative.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Competitive salary.