Dr. B is looking for curious, mission-driven and experienced engineering managers to lead our fast-growing engineering team in the fight against COVID-19.
You will make last-minute vaccine delivery a breeze for patients and healthcare workers alike as head of our top-notch product engineering team. You will work closely with talented peers from a variety of backgrounds across our product management, design, and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
You will take a leading role in shaping Dr. B’s engineering discipline by building out our culture and processes along with our user interface.
If you’re motivated by creating solutions that make a difference, you’ll be right at home. Dr. B is listed as a Public Benefit Corporation, which means we’re driven by our mission rather than profits. We're also planning an open-source initiative to publish everything we build as OSS libraries. As an engineering manager, you would have the opportunity to not just shape our core product development, but our open source projects and organizational footprint.
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Serverless NodeJS
- Frontend: React + TypeScript
- Infrastructure deployed to AWS, using Lambdas and several other AWS services
- Postgres Primary Database
- Cutting edge developer tooling
- CI/CD through GitHub Actions
What success looks like:
- Drive a high-performance culture for our engineering team by supporting continuous learning and routinely shipping high quality software that simplifies vaccine distribution for our patients and clinicians.
- Collaborate seamlessly with designers, product managers, and other leaders around Dr. B.
- Define and maintain engineering processes that enable us to develop both quickly and at consistently high quality.
- Provide top-notch leadership for the engineering team by setting goals, evaluating performance, coaching, and providing opportunities for professional development.
- Align your technical decisions with Dr. B’s mission and unique approach to healthcare while contributing to the company’s overall trajectory.
- Drive system design by regularly developing and reviewing proposed changes to the architecture.
- Build out a strong open-source software initiative.
What you will bring:
- Experience! You have successfully led cross-functional engineering teams to develop software quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Informed and empathetic leadership that prioritizes the success and cohesion of your team - we succeed as one.
- Comfort with communicating technical concepts and working across all functions of an organization.
- Initiative to solve design challenges and pose new and productive questions about user experiences.
- An uncanny ability to anticipate and mitigate technical and operational risks.
- A talent for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- Respect for our users’ trust in Dr. B by placing compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems.
Why Dr. B?
- Interesting and challenging technical stack including React, TypeScript, and PostgreSQL.
- Work with and learn from industry leaders from healthcare, tech, and non-profit backgrounds in a respectful and inclusive environment.
- Contribute to building an exciting tool in the critical fight against the spread of COVID-19.
- Cooperative, mission-driven culture with a focus on equity, expanding access to healthcare, and contributing to the industry as a whole through our open source software initiative.
- Own the full stack - deployments through infrastructure as code (almost all application logic is serverless, so no worrying about servers crashing in the middle of the night!).
- Commitment to engineering excellence.
- Competitive salary.
Dr. B is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.