PM Job Description
Dr. B is the national standby list for COVID vaccines. We connect patients with local providers who have extra doses using a standby system. Sometimes, patients have to cancel their vaccination appointments, leaving unused doses at the end of the day. Over two million patients have signed up with Dr. B to receive text message notifications when doses become available near them.
Dr. B is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to guide the expansion of our vaccine waitlist into new markets across the country. This role will contribute directly to making the vaccine distribution process pain-free for patients and providers alike.
You will use your sixth sense for user experience to chart a course for the future of our platform and anticipate challenges. Working closely with our engineering, design, and operations teams, you will draw inspiration from various sources to design innovative solutions. You’ll have the dedicated support of a development team and latitude to structure your approach and processes as you see fit.
What success looks like
- An intuitive Dr. B platform that reflects our values and dedication to providing the best quality of service to our users
- The interests, concerns, and challenges of our users are reflected in every aspect of our innovative and human-centric product design
- Feedback from our advisors, users, and partners is artfully incorporated in shaping the future of our platform
- Product plans are aligned with Dr. B’s overall strategy and ensure the maximum impact and efficiency of all launches
- Product requirements, features, and improvements are communicated clearly and organized on a roadmap
- Effective leadership of our cross-functional, full-stack development team
What you will bring
- Experience! We prefer someone with 5+ years working in a product management role, ideally releasing a range of successful products
- An unquenchable thirst for excellence and going the extra mile to achieve the highest standards for design and usability
- Strong opinions about system design grounded in a solid technical orientation
- A deep understanding of our users and their challenges and a passion for developing elegant solutions to these challenges
- A collaborative spirit and willingness to both lead and learn from your teammates
- An entrepreneurial mindset and interest in taking ownership of your contributions
- Alignment with Dr. B’s mission and values
- Some experience with healthcare (preferred)
Why Dr. B?
- Work with and learn from industry leaders from healthcare, tech, and non-profit backgrounds in a respectful and inclusive environment
- Contribute to the critical fight against the spread of COVID-19
- Cooperative, mission-driven culture with a focus on equity and expanding access to healthcare
- Emphasis on building modular, high-quality software, following functional programming and Domain-Driven Design principles
- Competitive salary
Dr. B is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.