We are a product-led company with small, accountable squads. The engineering unit is based on customer-centric methodologies with a simple framework; security, performance, reliability.
Your first challenge will be to contribute in the creation of our platform from zero to one, by creating beautiful software experiences with modern tools, and care deeply about creating the best possible products. We are currently a small team and you will be one of the first hires.
You will work closely with our CTO and Engineering Team.
- Develop new features, iterating on the current systems, and maintaining our high code quality.
- Contribute to the team’s design, scoping and prioritisation discussions for small-medium size work that you’re responsible for.
- Collaborate with other engineers on your team to code review, functional test and release iOS and Android builds.
- Participate in developing automation tests.
- Debug user issues and adapt product to remove points of friction.
- Document your software to ensure that future-you and others will understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- Define code standards and styles for better teamwork.
- Collaborate with software design, development and evolution.
- You will work with design and product managers to review UI/UX to make the best product.
- Help recruit and assess future engineering team members.
- Define, document, and implement engineering workflows and best practices.
- 3-5 years of industry software development experience using one or more of: Android (Java/Kotlin), iOS (mainly Swift, some Objective C), Xamarin, React Native, Flutter
- Be willing to learn and work with Flutter.
- Intellectually curious, independently driven, and passionate about great products.
- Experience building and shipping mobile applications end-to-end.
- Attention to detail when creating user experiences.
- Have great testing skills (mostly unit tests and integration tests; knowledge in testing frameworks is a plus)
- Have a solid understanding of how apps communicate with backend services.
- Have knowledge in multi-threaded application development, memory management and performance tuning