Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The company's catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Robin Thicke, The Kinks, Hans Zimmer, Mötley Crüe, One Direction, Naughty Boy, Hardwell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Social Distortion. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and Songtrust, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown’s internships are for credit only -- candidates must be enrolled in a college or university. If offered a position, students must provide a letter from their college or university confirming that they will receive school credit. The minimum time commitment is two days per week, to be spent across a minimum of 16 hours per week, working from our New York City office. It is also required that interns bring their own Wi-Fi enabled laptop to the office.
DMP Sync has been cultivated to be the premier destination for content creators to find the best emerging and established music. Managed by a team of executives with backgrounds in music supervision, advertising, and licensing, DMP works to match its clients’ interests with a broad range of media. In addition to traditional placement in film, TV, advertising, and video games, Downtown excels in digital and mobile licensing, product placement, merchandising, and integrated brand partnerships.
SO, WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Organizing and updating the catalog;
- Uploading new audio to our website while creatively tagging it for music supervisors (i.e. lyrical theme, scene description, tempo;
- Designing monthly mailers regarding licensing announcements;
- Helping the team with pitches to TV and Film Studios, Advertising Houses and Video Game Producers; and
- Managing and organizing publishing splits
- Passionate about music and how it is used in the media
- Someone who has a strong understanding of music trends and a familiarity with many different type of genres
- Organized, reliable and hard-working
- Technical skills with both PC and Mac programs including Excel, Word, Apple products, Google Docs
- Proficient in social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Vine, Periscope, etc.
- Excited to be part of a creative environment
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- An opportunity to work with some of the most talented professionals in the music industry in a casual and welcoming environment
- Video conferencing in to our weekly Q&A sessions with the head of each department in our NYC office
- A small but collaborative and creative office environment
- Getting to understand a diverse catalog of music and how it is worked creatively for sync