Senior Film & TV Sync Associate
Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. The company's catalog spans over seven decades of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Robin Thicke, The Kinks, Hans Zimmer, Mötley Crüe, One Direction, Naughty Boy, Hardwell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Social Distortion. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and Songtrust, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is looking for a Senior Sync Associate to join our Los Angeles-based Film & TV department. You will be joining a fast-growing global team and will be focused on securing sync licenses for our writers and their songs in film and television productions. This work will not only drive revenue for the company but will also provide valuable marketing assistance to our writers and catalogs.
What will you be doing?:
- Pitch and secure licenses in film and television productions for the Downtown Music Publishing catalog
- Assist Downtown’s Film & TV team in meeting revenue and volume-based sales/licensing goals
- Represent Downtown’s creative marketing department in print, on panels, at events, and at other industry gatherings as directed by the department head
- Express in person and in writing to Downtown songwriters and their representatives the goals and marketing plans of the creative department
- Draft preliminary marketing plans for new business pitches
- 5-7 years of experience at a music publishing company, record label, or synchronization licensing company engaging with the Los Angeles-based film and television music licensing community.
- Passionate for Film/TV, and Sync
- Resourceful, flexible and have exceptional teamwork skills
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events