Downtown Music Services is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. As the preferred partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs, and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, we offer bespoke distribution, publishing administration, creative marketing and finance solutions to entrepreneurial creators and their partners. Downtown Music Services is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings.
Downtown Music Services is looking for a Content Operations Associate to join our Operations team. This is a great opportunity to get your feet wet in the music industry and be at the forefront of the music + tech landscape.
We are looking for someone that is both music and tech focused, that has either worked for or had internships at a company that deals with music copyrights, or has incredible attention for detail to coincide with their strong work ethic. You will have basic knowledge of the YouTube world, moderate MS Excel experience and a love and appreciation for music. Bonus points if you have worked inside a YouTube CMS. This position will be located in our office based in Palms, CA (near Culver City).
What you'll be doing:
- Work with our Content Operations and Sales teams to manage daily tasks within the YouTube CMS.
- Content delivery: downloading files from multiple sources and ingesting into YouTube's CMS via DMS systems
- Basic troubleshooting: ensure all assets are delivered correctly and deadlines are met for clients
- Manage basic requests for other asset-based systems such as Tik Tok, Soundcloud, and Facebook/ Instagram
- Be able to download files, create metadata spreadsheets, and do quality control checks
- Track priority releases and assist with custom priority requests
- Data management: metadata updates, asset addition/removals when needed
- Quality assurance: ensuring we filter out tracks that are not allowed like public domain, video game soundtracks, classical, ambient
- Fulfill client requests: releasing claims, altering match policies, solving ownership conflicts
- Various excel projects and other data projects as needed
You are / have:
- Must love music and understand artist mentality
- Strong attention to detail, particularly with metadata, reporting, and content creation
- Extremely organized and have the ability to juggle various projects
- Able to thrive in a accountable, time sensitive, and high-pressure environment
- A basic working knowledge of all genres of music
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while being a key member of a small, close-knit team
- Able to set priorities and efficiently meet deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & written( with the ability to convey information effectively
- Excellent MS Office Skills — Proficient in Excel
- Proficiency in FTP – familiar with workflows involving retrieving and uploading files preferred
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
- YouTube CMS experience preferred, but not required
- Publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Able to learn quickly, adapt to new technologies
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various departments
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of innovative and passionate people
- An open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.