Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for a Director, Technology Operations / IT to join our team in our New York, NY office. You're an experienced Information Technology champion with a passion for building out organizations in high-growth stage. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy a new security solution one day, and present an IT plan and vision to our executive team the next. You have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment - including setting up new hires, to creating IT processes and documentation - you've done it all.
In this role you will grow and lead a small team covering desktop support, networking and systems operations to support our offices and distributed US and global workforce. You will report to our COO and work cross-functionally with the Executive, Operations, Facilities, Communications and People teams to develop and implement the IT vision for the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner effectively with cross-functional leaders - understand their business needs, be a trusted technical advisor, and ensure effective execution of IT services to realize their vision
- Leverage your strong technical skills and knowledge base to drive the technical vision and develop short-term and long-term roadmaps for the IT organization that are aligned with the company’s strategic growth plans
- Lead the IT organization comprised of distributed teams and subsidiary operating companies and make an impact by delivering results across multiple work streams including service desk, corporate infrastructure, and network engineering
- Manage hardware procurement and asset management and end-user support to roughly 150 team members spread across 4-5 worksites and various remote locations
- Manage the administration of enterprise systems including: GSuite, Office 365, Active Directory, OneLogin, MaaS360, VPN, and Slack.
- Create IT documentation and processes to assist users and conduct training sessions where needed
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- Champion security-aware thinking across the IT organization and adjacent organizations
- Lead and continue to iterate our corporate IT working group framework to ensure alignment in the efforts of DMH IT with the those of our operating company subsidiaries
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations and help realize their benefit/value
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to other IT teams where appropriate
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
You are / have:
- 7+ years of hands-on IT experience with an added focus on security preferred
- Experience managing, maintaining, and building teams
- Experience with Google G Suite, SSO, Firewalls, and VPNs (G Suite certification)
- Experience with cloud computing services (platform certification a plus)
- Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, etc
- Experience with Network Operations or Systems Engineering preferred
- Prior experience in building and executing best in class IT practices, policies, and processes and deployments of company-wide IT solutions
- Technical skills in Mac and Windows, including administration, support and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues, including switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various businesses
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of innovative and passionate people
- A Collaborative, open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.