Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for a Manager of Accounting Operation to manage our global bookkeeping function for two operating companies, own and lead our new accounting system implementation, and partner with royalty operations to create efficiencies and improve timeliness around the close process. This position will ideally be based in New York, NY.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and manage the team responsible for day-to-day accounting operations (e.g. cash receipts, processing of employee expense reports, accounting for VAT, entering and paying bills, and reconciling accounts on a daily basis).
- Own all global ledgers for Downtown Music Holdings, Downtown Music Publishing and Songtrust across the UK, France, The Netherlands, Japan, and Australia. This includes:
- Closing the books on a monthly basis following close procedures outlined by the DMH Finance team.
- Produce monthly trial balances for each entity to deliver to the Head of Finance at Songtrust and Downtown Music Services.
- Partner with our compliance and tax resources to maintain a log of transfer pricing adjustments that will be used to satisfy local statutory filings.
- Partner with the Royalties team to streamline royalty reporting and distribution processes including building reporting for the Songtrust and Downtown Music Services Heads of Finance.
- Coordinate with Heads of Finance from portfolio companies to ensure inter-company transactions are properly accounted for and revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606.
- Partner with Heads of Finance for Downtown Music Services and Songtrust to ensure financial reporting packages are conducive to meaningful financial analyses and can support KPI-lead forecasting and variance analyses.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory reports for Companies House and work with international accountancy firms to assist in preparation for non-UK statutory reporting.
- Review and reconcile monthly employee expense reports.
- Ensure key systems used by global accounting teams are working as effectively as possible (e.g. Dynamics, integrations thereto, Jet Analytics).
You are / have: :
- 5+ years of experience in operational accounting and creating efficiencies
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and exposure to international accounting standards
- Experience managing the monthly accounting close process
- Experience with consolidation and managing ledgers for multiple legal entities
- Experience and/or exposure to Microsoft Dynamics or other ERPs and accounting systems
- Prior system implementation experience in Microsoft Dynamics or NetSuite is preferred
- CPA and/or public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with ASC606 and transfer pricing a plus
- Experience responding to external auditor questions and requests
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic high-growth environment
- Strong organization and communication skills, with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality and consistent work product
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various businesses
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of innovative, passionate, and happy people
- Collaborative, open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC only)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply..