Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
As our Chief People Officer, you will lead a global People organization serving Downtown and all of its subsidiary operating companies. The Chief People Officer will be a key member to our global leadership team that is passionate about its mission, understands the value of its workforce, and is committed to the clients it serves. You will be a thought leader responsible for developing, evaluating, and setting People strategies, principles, policies, and objectives for our global workforce. In addition, you will lead cross-functional initiatives to reinvent how our teams support one another in anticipation of company needs.
This position will ideally be based in New York City, London, or Amsterdam, but alternative locations will be considered on a case by case basis.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead in the creation and implementation of global People / HR initiatives such as aligning people strategies with organizational needs and contributing to a motivated workforce;
- Provide strategic counsel as a member of the Leadership Team on issues including, but not limited to organizational design, performance management, leadership development and coaching, talent acquisition, and retention
- Design and develop an effective succession planning process to ensure management and professional readiness to meet the growth plans of the organization
- Develop programs that deliver on the company’s DE&I objectives as well as liaising with our ERGs to continue amplifying and building relationships to scale.
- Build and execute a learning and development roadmap across all brands, including development programs for the Leadership Team. Partner with leadership to define and execute on learning and development strategies to develop and train world class talent globally
- Provide strategic support and guidance to People Managers to actively manage, change and improve organizational effectiveness through strategy, design and planning
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement a compelling Downtown employer brand that attracts diverse, experienced, and capable talent
You are / have:
- 15+ years of prior experience that spans both working in a global and workforce
- Been an active part of a high growth environment including but not limited to M&A transactions, organic growth, and global expansion
- Expertise in strategy and organizational design, learning & development, performance management, leadership development, employee growth, and succession planning
- Able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be months or years from now
- Communicate with equal parts empathy and confidence through complex situations
- Experienced and passionate in leading diversity, equity, and inclusion globally
- Excited to travel globally (eventually!) to our various offices
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across Downtown’s global operating companies
- Vibrant, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program including Life Insurance
- 401k (with matching)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.