Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Associate / Recruiter to join our team. This role will be supporting our Songtrust brand and will be responsible for sourcing, screening and facilitating candidates through the full interview process ensuring a positive candidate experience. This position is based in New York City and will report into Downtown's Talent Acquisition & Retention Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Execute full-cycle recruiting and pipeline plans for Downtown’s Songtrust brand including various technical roles
- Oversee and own on boarding for Songtrust new hires
- Liaise with Songtrust leadership and act as the Songtrust champion for Downtown Music Holdings.
- Research and develop strong pipelines for technical positions in Product & Engineering
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their needs in order to source and identify talent that meet the company’s goals and expectations
- Conduct Kick-Off meetings and partner with hiring manager to create clearly defined, unbiased job descriptions and hiring plan
- Understand the talent market and develop creative sourcing strategies resulting in diverse pipelines to accomplish hiring goals
- Maintain data integrity practices and provide insights to business leaders in order to elevate and improve recruiting processes and strategies
- Ensure applicants have a positive interview experience from the application through offer negotiation
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
After 3 months you’ll have:
- Understand the Downtown & Songtrust business model and key hiring needs
- Begin to build relationships with hiring managers and internal stakeholders
- Interview, hire, and onboard new Songtrust members of our growing team
- Review recruitment policies to identify areas of improvement
You are / have:
- 3+ years of recruiting experience, ideally at a startup
- Experience in technical recruiting for a variety of technology positions
- Experience using an ATS, preferably Greenhouse
- Experience running effective recruitment processes, including structured interviewing
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while wearing many hats
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k with match
- Generous paid time off with additional Volunteer Hours
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC Only)
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.