Dovetail's mission is to improve the quality of every thing. We empower 85,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
At Dovetail, we are lucky to build products for a passionate community of product researchers, designers, and product managers. As a company we are a firm believer in community as a pillar of our product led growth strategy. We want to harness the power of our enthusiastic customers to establish expertise, promote knowledge sharing across the community, and build our own brand awareness. Our goal is to build brand loyalty, trust, and advocacy with customers — our products are not the only way we believe we can help our customers build higher quality products and experiences. We need a leader to own our community strategy, including developing educational resources, listening to product feedback, facilitate knowledge sharing, and image new engaging experiences for the community to collaborate with one another.
What you'll do
- Define our approach for engaging with the community. Build a strategy for how we will bring value to our audience and define the initiatives needed to achieve that value. Lead those initiatives across different channels and focus areas including product, practice, and craft. These could include starting a community-led meetup program, discussion forum, webinars, roundtable discussions, engaging with our Slack community — there are so many opportunities for us to elevate our strategic approach!
- Know what makes our customers tick. Build a deep understanding or our community. Know what roles they have, what motivates them, what keeps them up at night, what interests them, and where they hang out to learn from their peers. Develop trust by learning how to speak their language and understanding the cutting edge topics in customer research. Understand how these factors vary based on different customer segments and verticals.
- Define what success looks like for our community. Set measurable goals for initiatives that ladder up to our business goals. Communicate the impact of community initiatives to stakeholders and the broader team. Test and refine initiatives, experiment with different approaches to determine which audiences, channels, and activities deliver the best results.
- Build awareness of community initiatives. Consider how we make relevant audiences aware of the different initiatives and activities we are product. Make it crystal clear why it’s valuable to be part of our community for both existing members and prospects.
- Foster a community culture of consistent value creation. Drive active, healthy, and diverse participation across all community channels. Develop a strategy for how we keep members engaged, build a sense of trust and unity, while also holding them accountable. Keep a pulse on the sentiment of community members. Ensure content and community engagement meets our high quality bar.
- Give feedback to our product teams. Work closely with product teams to understand how community feedback can assist in product research and development.
- Participate in other communities. We want to drive brand awareness in relevant communities, as well as been known a company who cares about what our audiences care about. Drive sponsorship and participation in conferences and events, influencers, podcasts, and other content.
- Align Community with Content and Growth. Drive community members to engage with other parts of Dovetail, including signing up to newsletters, follow on social media, trying out templates, etc.
- Passionate about building communities. You’re experienced in understanding an audience, their needs and motivations, and delivering value through engaging and delightful experience. You have experiencing driving various community initiatives, such as in-person and virtual events, and content creation.
- Creative thinker. We want to create experiences that will wow our community, and differentiate us from other companies. You’re not afraid to come up with ideas and try new ways of engaging an audience.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills. You’re able to clearly and concisely communicate to external audiences regarding upcoming events, advertising the value they’d receive by participating. You’re able to manage communications through various channels in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail. One of our values is “if we do it, we nail it.” You have a high-quality bar and strive to maintain an excellent level of detail and consistency across all content you create. You’re the sort of person who knows the keyboard shortcut for smart quotes.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup. This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting journey from the very start.
- Pragmatism. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef… where to next?
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 20 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Health is wealth. We’ve got you covered for 100% of the premium plans across both medical, dental and vision. We also believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support. So every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.