Dovetail’s mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We’re building a highly efficient go-to-market model where anyone who wants to understand their customers can adopt, use, and scale Dovetail without any barriers or friction. The Growth team works to accelerate this go-to-market model by identifying opportunities to make impactful improvements for our customers and business. The team works to identify the clearest opportunities for business impact, and then works backwards from there to execute on the biggest customer problems they can solve.
The Growth team is responsible for enabling our product led growth strategy by driving and self service revenue. The team focuses on growing our freemium user base, driving paid conversation, making it simple to expand to new products and use cases, and novel ways to build customer education and confidence. As a product manager working in the Growth team, you’ll be responsible for one of these focus areas. You’ll be asked to shape the strategy, roadmap, and execution to drive key business measures and deliver delightful experiences to our customers.
What you will do
- Own your focus area. You will work closely with the Growth team to shape your strategy and roadmap, but ultimately it is yours to own, be accountable for and drive. You’ll think strategically through business opportunities, customer needs, and technical challenges to focus on the highest-leverage ideas that are massive force-multipliers for our business.
- Leverage data to inform opportunities for growth. You’ll leverage quantitative and qualitative data to identify areas where improvements can be made and use this data to inform projects that drive revenue, new customers, retention, and/or engagement. Where measures don’t yet exist, you’ll work to implement them and communicate back internally.
- Be customer-obsessed. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. You will develop a deep understanding of our market, customer personas, how they work, their pain points, macro trends, etc. You’ll spend hours a week speaking directly with our customers to build your product intuition. The teams will look to you to be the voice of the customer in every discussion.
- Be able to think big, but start small. At Dovetail we set lofty goals and have a bold, exciting vision for our product. You are able to build your own vision for your area, and get your teammates and customers excited about it. This is balanced by your ability to sweat the details and push the product forward one day at a time.
- Partner with design and engineering. You are highly collaborative in your approach, and work closely with your design and engineering team members. You make sure everyone is brought along the journey of product discovery and exploration, and support the daily decisions required to build great products efficiently at scale. You are constantly building customer empathy with your team.
- Be exceptionally pragmatic. We believe a great product person is pragmatic. You’ll need to make the right tradeoffs to keep moving forward by balancing a variety of inputs; including analytics, qualitative research, and customer feedback from our sales and support teams.
- Be accountable for product quality. You’re accountable for ensuring we always deliver a world-class product experience. We expect you to raise the bar and coach your team on why a great product experience is important, and what sort of things we need to do to build and maintain a world-class product.
- Strong product management experience. You have several years experience owning a product roadmap and executing against it. You’ve experienced the ups and downs of shipping brand new product features, learning from customer feedback and iterating on your strategy.
- Experience working closely with product teams. We expect you to jump right in and collaborate with our product managers, designers and engineers. You’ve had experience working in the weeds with product teams in making tough priority tradeoffs and helping them set product strategy.
- Clear communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distill them down into concise, exciting talking points. You have experience bringing the voice of the customer to an entire team and get buy-in on your ideas and strategies.
- Experience with B2B SaaS products. You understand product led growth strategies for B2B SaaS products and have implemented them before. Freemium growth models, funnel analysis and pricing decisions are areas that you have experience owning, analyzing and driving.
- Pragmatism. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the entire lifecycle of product exploration, launch and adoption. You have a proven track record of making tough tradeoffs and rallying a team through difficult challenges.
- Strong domain expertise is a plus. Ideally, you have hands-on experience working in small startups that are growing and transitioning to a more mature scale-up. Domain expertise in user research or design software is specifically a plus for this role.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.