Dovetail's mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We have recently established a presence in San Francisco to enable us to better serve our global customer base, and fuel continued customer growth. We've raised capital to further accelerate our growth, with backing from Blackbird Ventures (investors in Canva and SafetyCulture), Felicis Ventures (investors in Adyen, Shopify, and Notion), and Accel (investors in Slack, Dropbox, and Webflow).
You will join as our first Sales Manager and you will be a critical contributor in shaping our North American presence. You'll work with the team to recruit, hire, and grow a team of Account Executives. You will also help mature our sales motion and complement the self-service sales model that has taken us to where we are today.
To learn more about the Dovetail journey, listen to this episode of Blackbird Ventures' Wild Hearts podcast. If you need more convincing on the opportunity for Dovetail, check out Andreessen Horowitz' piece on The Market for User Research Platforms.
What you’ll do
- Build a world class team. You’ll work with leadership to attract, hire, coach and retain world class Account Executives who meaningfully contribute to Dovetail’s growth. You will pioneer new practices to improve our sales efficiency as we mature our product-led growth strategy.
- Manage global inbound demand. You will ensure the team is positioned to support and convert the inbound demand from our customers and prospects. You will plan and implement processes in order to drive repeatable sales motions that drive predictable growth. You will own monthly and quarterly sales forecasts and resource planning.
- Drive consistent pipeline generation. You will work closely with our Business Development team to build and qualify pipeline from our freemium tier prospects and existing customers. You will be accountable for delivering an adequate level of pipeline build and coverage for predictable ARR growth.
- Become a Dovetail expert. You'll develop intimate knowledge of how Dovetail works, what Dovetail is capable of, and an understanding of the market so that you can effectively coach the team and lead by example by getting in front of customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. You’ll work with marketing, product, and operations to ensure we are enabling our sales team. You will have a deep understanding of the blockers facing the team and advocate for the needs of the team in the North American market.
- Experience leading an outperforming and consistent sales team in a high growth environment. Help us identify you by sharing your results. Ideally, you would have also contributed to an early-stage sales team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the operational skills to develop, report on, simplify, and improve sales processes.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with your team and customers.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at a startup.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Travel to sunny Sydney. Spend significant time in sunny Sydney seeing the sights and working closely with the team.
- Medical and Dental. We’ve got you covered with up to 75% of the premium plans.
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.