Dovetail's mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We don't have a large sales team, which means product marketing plays a huge role in how we successfully scale the product and business. You will work closely with our product, marketing and customer success teams to execute our strategy, and define how product marketing works at Dovetail. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats and has great attention to detail to build a product marketing function that reflects our brand and obsession with customers.
What you will do
- Own messaging and positioning. We have ambitious goals of creating a new category of software that helps researchers and their teams develop a new level of customer understanding. You will own how we position the product in market, define our value proposition and the language we use in marketing material, within the product and in internal discussions.
- Develop a deep understanding of our market and customer. We are a customer obsessed team, but you will take this to an entirely new level of understanding. You will define customer personas, prioritise their biggest challenges, define segments, understand purchasing behaviours and research competing offerings. The team will look to you as the voice of the customer.
- Support product launches. Our product team moves fast so we constantly have exciting new features to share with our customers. You will write blog posts, help articles, create launch materials for our sales team, write email newsletters and communicate with our rapidly growing Slack community to support these launches. You also know that a product launch is just the beginning and will support continued adoption of features as our team improves them.
- Partner with our product team. Be a close partner with our product, design and engineering teams. You'll contribute to our product strategy, how we prioritise features and be a constant advocate for our customers. You will understand our funnel better than anyone and drive pricing and packaging decisions for new features and products.
- Enable our go-to-market teams. Support our small, but effective sales and customer success team. Identify and deliver assets, programs, campaigns to accelerate our self-serve acquisition, including webinars and pre-recorded demos. Prepare and drive enterprise cases studies as sales enablement material, drive partnership opportunities and own analyst relations.
- Execute in the face of ambiguity. We are moving fast and defining an entirely new category of software, which means we are faced with plenty of uncertainty and ambiguity. It is critical that you are able to balance strategic thinking with rapid execution. You believe in constant progress over perfection.
- Grow our product marketing function. You will be our first true product marketing hire. You will work closely with our Head of Product to build the team, define ways of working and recruit future team members.
- Experience in product marketing, customer success, strategy, consulting, or SaaS sales. You have several years of experience in a customer-centric role. You have experience supporting products and features, at any point of the product development journey, from ideation to launch to adoption.
- Experience working closely with product teams. We expect you to jump right in and collaborate with our product managers, designers and engineers. You've had experience working in the weeds with product teams in making tough priority tradeoffs and helping them set product strategy.
- Clear communicator. We expect you to take big, ambitious ideas and distill them down into concise, exciting talking points. You have experience bringing the voice of the customer to an entire team and get buy-in on your ideas and strategies.
- Experience with B2B SaaS products. You understand product led growth strategies for B2B SaaS products and have implemented them before. Freemium growth models, funnel analysis and pricing decisions are areas that you have experience owning and driving.
- Pragmatism. We're looking for someone who can wear multiple hats across the design process, and with great attention to detail create quality experiences that reflect our brand.
- Strong domain expertise is a plus. Ideally you have hands-on experience working in small startups that are growing and transitioning to a more mature scale-up. Domain expertise in user research or design software is specifically a plus for this role.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Travel to sunny Sydney. Spend significant time in sunny Sydney seeing the sights and working closely with the team.
- Medical and Dental. We’ve got you covered with up to 75% of the premium plans.
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.