Dovetail's mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We’ve just announced our $63M USD Series A raise and are looking for a Demand Generation Lead to take our customer acquisition strategy to the next level. We’ve been growing revenue and customers 10% MoM, but this isn’t enough to hit our ambitious company targets. As the Demand Generation Lead you will play a big role in defining how demand generation works at Dovetail and will grow a team to execute. You will bring a data-driven, analytical approach, but will also roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
What you’ll do
- Set the vision and strategy for demand generation. You’ll work with your counterparts in Marketing, Growth, and Revenue to set the vision and strategic plan for the demand generation team, focusing on high-impact revenue-generating marketing campaigns.
- Define and measure demand generation metrics. You will bring a data-driven approach to establish goals and ensure that we are measuring, experimenting, and improving them. You will deliver real-time reporting on campaign performance, focused on key metrics such as website traffic, quality trials, enterprise leads, CAC, and funnel performance.
- Own marketing channels. You will work closely with your counterparts in Marketing to plan, design, and manage our key acquisition channels, including website, email, paid, events, and social. You will focus on customer conversion, without compromising design and storytelling.
- Grow our demand generation function. You will build a world-class team, drive collaboration across the organization, educate on the value of demand gen internally, develop operational processes and manage the performance of individuals.
- Manage a growing budget. You will allocate budget and make data-driven decisions on when we should increase or decrease based on expected impact. You will test new channels and partnerships to drive high-impact campaigns and results.
- Drive the marketing tool stack. You will identify, evaluate and implement the right marketing stack in order to effectively drive customer acquisition.
- Strong demand generation experience. You have experience overseeing the full B2B marketing funnel to drive customer acquisition. We expect you to have experience driving demand via multiple channels, including website, email, paid, and social.
- Data obsessed. We expect you to geek out over data, metrics, growth hacks, and continual improvement. You are expected to have a deep, analytical understanding of the marketing funnel and levers to influence performance.
- Experienced people manager. You have hired, managed, and lead other marketers. You understand what it takes to be a successful marketer and you actively work to bring the best out in your people.
- You are pragmatic and flexible. Like your new teammates, you’re used to doing what’s necessary to get the job done. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.