Dovetail's mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We've tripled our team in the last 12 months and we plan to triple again over the next 12 months, whilst also expanding our team to the US. We're constantly working towards Dovetail being the best place to work for everyone so we're now looking for a Head of People to join our leadership team. We're proud of the team and culture that we've already built at Dovetail, our values are lived throughout every experience and we've achieved an eNPS score of 72 and 98% retention, and the Head of People will play a critical role in leading us through our next stage of growth. We want to invest in our people in creative ways and there will be a big focus on developing our future leaders and building a world-class team globally.
What you'll do
- Lead the People function. It's a small but impactful team and has already had great success. You'll be responsible for hiring, developing, and leading the people team globally to ensure we achieve our ambitious goals.
- You'll help to maximize the potential of our Dovetailers. You'll have overall leadership across the design and delivery of Dovetail's most impactful projects across people operations, employee experience, employee engagement, performance, diversity and inclusion, and learning and development.
- Develop our people managers and leaders. You will support the development of Dovetail's leaders and support our people managers to set them up for success with their teams, leading all aspects of growth, development, and performance management at Dovetail.
- Partner with the leadership team. You’ll be a core part of Dovetail’s leadership team and will be a trusted partner. You’ll collaboratively set and execute the strategy for all People initiatives including organizational design, workforce planning, leveling frameworks, compensation, and benefits.
- Build the best team. We have ambitious hiring plans and we’re looking to double the team globally to 120+ people in the next 12 months. You’ll help us to scale our team, whilst keeping our quality bar super high and have a focus on building our employer brand across Sydney and San Francisco.
- You’re a highly experienced leader and have scaled a global People function. You have experience working in a high growth scale-up, and leading an impactful people team. You motivate and coach your team, set clear expectations, and support them to perform at their best.
- A background in setting and communicating strategy. You should be familiar with building a people strategy from the ground up and have excellent communication, and presentation skills to get the whole company bought-in to execute your strategy. This is especially important given that the team will be split between Sydney and San Francisco.
- You have experience in cultivating a high-performing growth culture. You’ve previously led the design of programs across learning and development and performance management to nurture and grow our talent to maintain our high retention rates.
- You’re a hardcore people person. At Dovetail, we put our people at the core of everything we do, you approach things from a people first perspective and you’ll have a strong passion for building incredible teams and providing a world-class employee experience.
- You’ll be an ambassador for our values. You’ll have a deep emphasis on driving our values at every touchpoint of the employee experience and you have a passion for evolving and maintaining culture through periods of rapid growth.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.