What you’ll do
- Build innovative, modern React websites. You’ll need to write great React (with Typescript), have familiarity with CSS-in-JS technologies like Emotion or styled-components, and ideally experience with headless CMS platforms (we use Contentful), and static site generators (we use Gatsby) or similar Jamstack architectures.
- Join our Growth team. You’ll partner closely with your product manager, growth marketers and visual designers to ship high-leverage changes and ideas across all of our web properties.
- Build with scale and performance in mind. We have hundreds of pages and growing across our marketing site, blog, and help center. You’ll prioritize and lead impactful website performance monitoring and improvements to scale our evolving web assets.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales. You’ll be highly collaborative in how you get your work done, and work closely with our non-technical marketing team, creative studio, and our product engineering team.
- Experience building large-scale modern websites. You’ll need recent React experience, ideally with TypeScript, with an emphasis on performant code. Familiarity with CSS-in-JS tooling (emotion or styled-components) and headless CMS platforms like Contentful are also great plusses.
- Attention to detail. You have a high-quality bar and will be always looking at enhancing the experience for customers. Our marketing sites and brand are the main ways we drive new customer acquisition, so they have to be beautiful, polished, fast, and mobile-friendly.
- Excellent communication. You’re a concise communicator and can easily communicate technical updates to non-technical people. Be able to convey your opinions and feelings with other teammates, founders, and customers. Honest, thoughtful, and transparent communication is critical to our success as a business.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup. This is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting journey from the very start.
- Pragmatism. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals. Our marketing team is new and scrappy – we haven’t figured everything out yet.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.