We believe customer obsession builds the best products, so our mission is to ‘enable product teams to make better decisions through the power of customer understanding’. We think what we’re building is an exciting, brand new category of software. This product-led growth strategy has seen us expand to over 2,000 customers like Figma, VMware, Shopify, BCG, GitLab, Porsche, Canva, and more.
We've achieved all of this from Sydney, Australia – with only a few key individuals working to support our customers with their product questions and requests for help. In early 2022 we will be establishing a presence in San Francisco to enable us to better serve our global customer base, and fuel continued customer growth. You will join us as our first customer support hire outside of Sydney and you will be a critical contributor in shaping our North American presence. You'll work with the team in Sydney to become a Dovetail expert and learn the knowledge and skills to effectively support our passionate customers.
While we work to establish a physical office in San Francisco, we are open to individuals starting remotely with the view to be a key contributor in developing our local presence, office culture, and enabling our continued customer growth in North America. We expect to be able to have someone start in this role from January 2022.
To learn more about the Dovetail journey, listen to this episode of Blackbird Ventures' Wild Hearts podcast. If you need more convincing on the opportunity for Dovetail, check out Andreessen Horowitz' piece on The Market for User Research Platforms.
What you will do
As Customer Support Specialist at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
- Manage all customer communications and support. Own all customer communications and support issues from initial contact through to resolution. Our main support channel is email support, but you'll also own any support enquiries that come via Twitter and from our Slack community. You'll triage all inbound conversations, and escalate conversations to relevant teams such as product, sales, legal, etc.
- Be a close partner to the team in Sydney. You'll work with your counterpart and the team in Sydney to learn and get equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively and efficiently support our customers with their product questions and requests.
- Become a Dovetail expert. You'll develop intimate knowledge of how Dovetail works, and what Dovetail is capable of, so that you can effectively help our customers.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively. You'll need to communicate with our customers to explain complex topics in easy to understand and concise language.
- Improve our self-service help documentation. You'll own and maintain our product help center, identifying opportunities and prioritizing improvements based on customer feedback. These improvements will drive efficiencies in your own role and help our customers resolve their own issues before they contact us.
- Escalate engineering issues. You'll partner with the on-call engineering contact to escalate any support issues that require technical investigation. You'll triage and gather all the relevant details about a potential issue to help them investigate efficiently.
Ideally we're looking for someone to join us with:
- Some experience in a customer support or customer-facing role, ideally at a B2B SaaS company.
- A passion for talking to and helping customers all day, every day.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can effectively communicate with customers and teammates.
- The ability to switch contexts rapidly and quickly react to things throughout your day.
- Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn, improve your skills, and grow alongside an exciting startup as we scale our customer operations.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though we’re a small startup, we offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- KitKat days. We understand the importance of mental health and wellbeing. These are extra paid days holiday for the whole company where everyone can take a break.
- Travel to sunny Sydney. International travel restrictions and visas permitting, you'll have the opportunity to spend significant time in sunny Sydney to work closely with the team.
- Annual company retreats. We try to go away every year! As one of the first hires outside of Sydney, annual retreats will be a great way for you to build relationships with the wider team.
- Personal learning and development budget. We’re a big fan of personal development, and prefer to home-grow leaders rather than filling leadership / management externally.
- Remote office budget. While we work towards establishing a physical presence, you'll have budget for whatever you need while working remotely.
- Personal development. Regular lunch and learn events, opportunities for presenting at webinars and conferences, and networking through our investor community.