Dovetail's mission is to improve the quality of every thing. We empower 85,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We're growing rapidly and looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our product engineering team. Over the next 18 months, we're going to be more than doubling the size of our product team, evolving our existing products, and building brand new products. We’re all about sweating the details on delightful experiences, tackling ambitious technical challenges, and delivering customer value, so there's a huge opportunity for growth and impact.
What you will do
- Join our product engineering team. You'll be a crucial part of our product team, working closely with your engineering manager, tech lead, product manager, designer, and other engineers to evolve the feature set of Dovetail's product.
- Deliver high-quality software design. Working with your product team, you'll ****identify, define, design, and implement technical solutions for Dovetail’s web product, including both frontend and backend development, to create meaningful value for our customers.
- Mentor and support other engineers. We're growing quickly and as a senior engineer, you'll assist in optimizing the team to continually improve their software practices through code review, pair programming, design sparring, etc to support career growth.
- Foster a culture of pragmatism. You'll maintain and foster a pragmatic approach to software development whilst also collaborating towards the establishment of detailed guidelines and standards for product development processes based on industry best practices and your experience.
- Extensive experience building web products. You'll have hands-on exposure to building the frontend and backend of web products with technology like TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node, ProseMirror, PostgreSQL and AWS.
- Experience managing software projects. You'll have the ability to own the delivery of complex features, break down requirements and provide reasonable estimates.
- You are pragmatic and flexible. Like your new teammates, you're used to doing what's necessary to get the job done. You'll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
- When you do it, you nail it. You share our keen eye for quality. You don't half-ass your work, instead what you ship is top-notch. You cut scope before cutting quality.
- Excellent, concise communicator. You can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with your product team and have the ability to articulate effort vs impact tradeoffs.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 20 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.