Who we are
DoubleVerify is a big data and analytics company. We track and analyze tens of billions of ads every day for the biggest brands in the world like Apple, Nike, Disney, Vodafone, and most of the Fortune 500 companies. If you ever saw an Ad online via Web, Mobile, or CTV device then there are big chances that it was analyzed and tracked by us.
We operate at a massive scale, our backend handles over 100B+ events per day, we analyze and process those events in real-time while making decisions on the environment where the ad is running and all the user interactions during the Ad display lifecycle. We verify that all Ads are Fraud Free, Brand Safe, in the right Geo and highly likely to be viewed and engaged, all that in less than a fraction of a second.
We are global, we have R&D centers in Tel Aviv, New York, Finland, Belgium, and San Diego, we work in a fast-paced environment and have a lot of challenges to solve. If you like to solve big data challenges and want to help us build a better industry then your place is with us.
What will you do
We are in search of a Senior Security Engineer to join our IT Security Team. This pivotal role entails close collaboration with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Network, and Operations teams aimed at elevating our security posture. Reporting directly to the IT Security Manager within the Information Security Department, the Senior Security Engineer will also be an essential component of the SRE team, concentrating on all facets related to security.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you should embody initiative, holding a fervent enthusiasm for both on-prem and cloud security while flourishing in the arena of vulnerability remediation and security troubleshooting. Your role will encompass providing operational support for Vulnerability Management and the associated remediation procedures. Our IT Security Team is engaged in identifying, assessing, and mitigating threats, vulnerabilities, and correlated risks pertaining to DoubleVerify’s information assets and resources. Leveraging your technical skills, you will navigate across major public clouds and our global data centers, employing best-of-class tools to oversee and redress vulnerabilities.
- Work closely and in full coordination with multiple departments, SRE, Operation, DevOps, and Network teams to produce a highly secure posture.
- Handle, prioritize, and effectively bring security vulnerabilities to resolution for Production, Staging, and Dev environments; you will play an active part in resolving them.
- Develop, update, and guide procedures for security enhancements, test these procedures, and facilitate their handover to the operations team for complete remediation.
- Review vulnerabilities and data from various sources (e.g., vulnerability scanning, penetration testing) across different technologies and environments to assess the risk level to business assets and help remediate them.
- Build, configure, and manage vulnerability management tools within company environments, serving as the subject matter expert for vulnerability management queries.
- This position will be the liaison between the IT Security Team and various SRE, DevOps, Network, and Operation teams and must be able to provide technical remediation details or workarounds, help track and identify asset inventory, log work tickets and exceptions, and research vulnerability findings.
- Be the go-to expert for implementing security agents on Production, Staging, and Dev environments, ensuring the security of these assets throughout their lifecycle. (Such as configuring and troubleshooting any security solution agent & authentication issues).
- Proficiently managed security aspects of Linux, Windows, and ESXi servers, including patch management and fundamental security practices.
- Execute OS patching and work towards automating this process, following a thorough testing and deployment cycle across development, staging, and production environments, which include proper notification and auditing process.
- Implement technical solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
- Undertake notifications and audits related to security work and maintain a proactive and organized approach.
- Manage and follow up on tickets related to remediation or hardening requests.
- Provide analysis of Information Security vulnerabilities and determine true or false positives, and work with appropriate teams for remediation.
- Engage actively in Proof of Concept initiatives to assess and onboard novel security solutions. Offer technical expertise to ensure effective deployment and alignment with security goals. Document findings comprehensively and conduct thorough comparisons of potential solutions, aiding the team in making informed decisions.
- Produce high-quality metrics to visualize the security aspects of our infrastructure.
- Help focus the engineering teams on working on high-value security issues and avoid toiling on non-security issues
- Demonstrate self-management skills to effectively track and report on work and time allocation.
Who you are
- 7+ years as a Security Engineer \ SRE Security \ DevSecOps engineer with a passion for security and doing things right.
- 4-6 years of related experience in vulnerability management and remediation
- Hands-on Experience with patching and hardening Linux, Windows, and ESXi servers is essential.
- Experience with building, configuring, and managing patch management tools.
- High proficiency within cloud environments - with a preference for GCP and AWS.
- Proficiency in automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform).
- Proficiency in scripting languages, including Bash, Python and/or PowerShell.
- 1-2 years developing playbooks, runbooks, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Effective documentation skills, including technical diagrams and written descriptions.
- Experience analyzing vulnerabilities and adjusting the risk rating/severity dependent on internal factors.
- Experience defining Operating System Baseline Configuration standards such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Critical Security Controls Scanning within various scanning technologies and working with appropriate teams to remediate and report on the results.
- Proficient in firewall management, with hands-on experience in configuration and optimization to ensure network security.
- Familiarity with ITSM solutions, including platforms like Jira and Freshdesk.
- Clear communication and collaboration abilities for cross-functional teamwork.
- Critical thinking and ability to balance security requirements with mission needs.
- Exceptional organizational skills demonstrated through adept autonomy, independent work, collaborative teamwork, and an unwavering professional demeanor. This extends to adept tracking and comprehensive reporting of work and time allocations.
- Certifications from cloud vendors, as well as esteemed organizations like CISSP, CISM, or CISA, will be regarded favorably.