Data Reliability Engineer III
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best-in-class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
Join an expanding team where you will gain end-to-end exposure to DoubleVerify's data pipeline. You would contribute to developing a growing and robust monitoring infrastructure utilizing Python, Airflow, Prometheus, Grafana, all deployed through our Gitlab CI/CD. You would work directly with our production systems and coordinate closely with our developer and product teams. You would work daily with our Snowflake, MS SQL, Databricks, and Vertica databases, so fluency in SQL is a must. If you are interested in working with data through a wide set of tools ranging from SQL and Python to GCP and CI/CD, we would love to hear from you!
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of how data is collected, processed, and externalized to clients within DoubleVerify’s architecture
- You will script in Python and SQL extensively
- You will work with data analysis tools such as Splunk/Grafana to create reports and data visualization
- You will work with Databricks, BigQuery, Snowflake, OLTP, MongoDB, etc
- You will work with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Helm charts, etc
- You will be thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with different teams in the company, solving operational issues, and implementing quality improvements
- You will be part of the on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience. Degree in a technical field preferred
- 3+ years of experience writing Advanced SQL and scripting languages Python, bash, etc
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL/NoSQL Databases and data warehouses such as Databricks, BigQuery, Snowflake, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing fundamentals and experience working with public cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience working with Github, CI/CD, GitLab or other automation/delivery tools
- Good understanding of BI and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, OLAP vs. OLTP, Slowly Changing Dimensions)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with a proven ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Good understanding of process automation
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in AdTech is a plus
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Helm charts, and fundamentals of DevOps
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$81,000- $161,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, and benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.
Not-so-fun fact: Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of job criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but you’re not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!