Sr. Database Administrator
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Data Team
DV is seeking a data slayer, a one in a thousand DBA that loves to ask questions and be on the cutting edge of Big Data technology. The team is responsible for all technical data aspects of the company’s products. The company’s system is comprised of an extremely scalable, highly-available and rapidly-developing architecture, and includes big-data stores of all types – relational, massively-parallel-processing, and NoSQL. This individual will join a small yet highly capable and motivated team in order to maintain the system’s databases, and develop, integrate and deploy complex new modules – quickly and at scale. The individual must be highly interested in analyzing and understanding existing problems, improving performance, exploring and learning new technologies and applying the best standards. The individual is expected to be a nice team player, self starter and be interested in collaborating and communicating with other teams.
What you will do:
- Maintain the health of system’s databases (Vertica, SQL Server, Snowflake MongoDB)
- Perform day to day maintenance tasks and troubleshooting on demand to keep systems up running 24X7
- Administration and reporting on Snowflake on GCS
- Develop, integrate and deploy complex new modules (TSQL, Python)
- Work on reporting , visualization and dashboards using Grafana or other reporting tools
- Design and support Database infrastructure, with consideration for performance, availability, and specific application requirements.
- Work closely with other departments on the implementation and deployment of new initiatives
What you have done/Who you are:
- 5+ years of database development and/or administration.
- 5+ extensive Experience in multiple database technologies preferable columnar or big warehouse systems dealing with TBs of data
- Software development experience is preferred
- Fast learner, creative thinker, problem solver. Must love BIG data!
- Accountable, dedicated and willing to be on-call as needed
- AdTech experience is a plus!
- BS in Computer Science or other technical degree.
- Experience with Vertica and Snowflake is a plus
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$99,000- $185,000]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, and benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.
Not-so-fun fact: Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of job criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but you’re not sure that you check every box, apply anyway!