Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data and analytics that authenticates the quality and effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands and media platforms. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Accounting, the Manager of Revenue Accounting will be responsible for supporting proper revenue accounting (in accordance with FASB ASC 606) and compliance in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. The role will be the subject matter expert on all revenue matters, working cross-functionally with other teams (e.g., commercial, operations, legal, billing and FP&A) to provide real-time thought leadership and playing a key part in structuring complex transactions. This role will provide training throughout the organization to ensure all key stakeholders understand the complexities of revenue accounting (both within finance, and throughout the organization). In this highly visible role, this person will be the primary first contact for legal and commercial teams when drafting new contracts or addressing questions on proposed revenue-related transactions.
- Own the revenue recognition accounting policy at DoubleVerify, including application of the standards and training teams within DV.
- Closely work with Revenue Actualization and Revenue Operations to enhance and manage the monthly revenue recognition process, including automation.
- Be the main contact point for the entire commercial organization to provide real-time feedback on contracts with customers.
- Ensure adherence to proper internal control policies and procedures around revenue recognition.
- Develop processes to fully document and support revenue recognition positions taken by the Company.
- Interact with internal and external auditors.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience, preferably with a combination of large public accounting firm and a publicly-traded company in a revenue accounting role
- CPA (or international equivalent) required
- Proficiency in application of US GAAP and SEC requirements around revenue recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of navigating through complex and/or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to successfully manage relationships across multiple functions and execute against collective goals
- Demonstrated ability to think in an agile, creative and strategic manner to evolve or solve challenges and issues and to oversee prioritization of competing responsibilities
- Highly developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage and effectively communicate at the senior management level, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating and/or escalating issues/requests
- NetSuite and Salesforce experience a plus
- Advertising technology industry a plus
- Self-motivated, independent thinker and team player who will hit the ground running
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact finance and corporate initiatives.