Who we are
DoubleVerify brings transparency into the world of ad technology: we help content creators, publishers and advertisers to build a better ad industry: we validate that ads are viewable, protect the brands of
the advertisers by understanding the context their ads are shown in, and protect them from fraud. This transparency builds trust and is the key to a viable online ecosystem of high quality content, supported
by ad income, accessible to everyone.
As part of the team in San Diego, you will focus on our Publisher product, which provides publishers with measurements, insights and analytical tools, exposed through a SaaS web application. This enables our customers to understand and optimize the digital ads on their sites, which supports the articles, videos, and other content they create.
You join the Publisher Data Platform team, leading a team of motivated engineers and collaborating with a group of product & engineering teams across the US and Europe. The Data Platform team builds advanced, large scale data systems that are integrated by other teams into customer-facing products.
- Work with stakeholders across different global offices to understand their requirements, help evolve the vision for the data platform.
- Translate this vision into technical solutions that meet high quality, stability, and performance standards.
- Manage and lead a team of talented engineers to build & deliver these technical solutions while
meeting those standards.
- Support your team’s career growth, hold 1-on-1s, set goals and conduct performance reviews.
- Work with the Director and VP to grow the team, conduct interviews, and hire.
- Work with QA and Prod Ops engineers to ensure high quality and monitoring requirements for a high availability, highly scalable system.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a team lead or manager.
- You have experience with complex data systems, data pipelines and cloud environments.
- You are based in the US. Either in San Diego, or open to travel occasionally to San Diego (where most of the team is located) to work directly with the team.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in Java, Spring, SQL, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and BigQuery are a plus.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV. The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between $99,000 to $197,000. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, and benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.