Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
At our Burr Ridge location, we make Double Good’s delicious popcorn using a JIT (Just-In-Time) approach, rarely having more than 2 days of finished good inventory on hand. This allows us to provide the freshest product to our customers and makes adaptability and desire to learn important on our team.
When cooking, our Operators use a variety of machines (CMD kettles) and manual processes to pop, flavor, or add caramel or chocolate to our popcorn. From there, our Operators transport the finished popcorn to our Matrix packaging machines to create the final bagged product. As an Operator, you initially focus on one specialty but growth and potential promotion in our organization comes through learning multiple stations and being willing to be both a Cook and an Operator.
This role is onsite at our Burr Ridge location.
About the role:
- Load and operate packing machines that fills and packs awesome popcorn, working in a fast paced environment where every movement counts and it’s important to stay laser focused on the task at hand.
- Make our delicious popcorn. Read and review recipes. Prep, precisely measure, and load ingredients according to instructions. Operate a variety of popping, mixing, and pouring equipment while concurrently cooking multiple batches.
- Bring a positive attitude to work with a focus on being Consistent, Caring and Confident, celebrating small and large achievements, and understanding your impact to the overall purpose of the company.
- Prepare area and materials at start of the day or break down and clean equipment between flavors and at end of the day depending on the shift you work and the current production schedule.
- Perform routine quality checks (typically tasting or weighing depending on the role you are performing)
- Calculate daily inventory counts accurately and assist in monthly counts
- Work effectively under pressure
Experience & Skills we value:*
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience which developed the ability to apply math (fractions, computations, ratios, measurements) and to read, comprehend, write and convert instructions into work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask who seeks help when stuck
- Demonstrated success and desire to learn to tasks and proactively seeking new responsibilities.
- The ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds of materials and to adhere to all safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment, navigating the plant with alert behavior, operating power tools and machines according to instructions, and disposing of waste properly.
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Experience in a performance-based environment (lean, six sigma, TPS)
- Experience in food manufacturing or high volume fulfillment operations
- Demonstrated success operating Vertical Form Fill Seal machines (VFFS) like Matrix (we use), Weighpack, All-fill, Triangle or Rovema
- Demonstrated success with batch cooking
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.