Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
About the opportunity
Double Good grew over 40% in 2022 and we are on track to do that again this year. To support this continued growth, we are searching for a Production Manager who will provide leadership on the second shift at our Burr Ridge facility. This is where we make Double Good’s delicious, remarkable popcorn using a JIT (Just-In-Time) approach, rarely having more than two days of finished goods inventory. This allows us to provide the freshest, most amazing product to our customers and inspires our team to be adaptable and curious about learning in real-time. This person will be an integral part of the team and oversee all aspects of production to ensure the highest quality production aligned with our Core Values, Leadership Standards and synchronized with our best-in-class operating system
The successful coach will approach leading in the safest and most productive environment while having fun! Why? Because one of our Core Values is Enjoy the Ride! The manager will empower an entire team to execute the plan every day, inspiring others to perform at their best in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. Even more exciting? We will expand our production footprint this year, so this leader should expect to play a vital role as we grow, transform and adopt future automation and robotics initiatives to double our capacity.
This role is at our Burr Ridge facility, and the second shift schedule is 1:00pm-9:30pm.
More about the opportunity:
- Execute the production strategy and vision, by translating business objectives into tangible projects and actions.
- Coach and lead the production team, supporting teammates to perform at their very best while meeting required production goals in a safe and quality-driven work environment.
- Partner closely with the Director of Operations and SVP of Operations to build out a strategic roadmap for facility automation and process improvement projects.
- Be the primary continuous improvement leader by delivering the operational excellence strategy through the use of standard tools including but not limited to 5-why, fishbone, short interval control, and DMAIC.
- Fluency and understanding of food safety requirements to continuously improve production.
- Use data to prioritize and lead focused improvement projects across the production facility while strategizing with engineering teams on future capacity enhancement needs.
- Increase production capacity to support growing sales by improving throughput and support the team as they adapt to continuous change.
- Create optimal staffing plans to deliver production requirements on daily and weekly basis
- Ensure strict adherence to safety guidelines and company’s core values.
- Grow the cooking, packaging and shipping teams as the company expands.
- Perform all required administrative activities of plant operations.
Experience & Skills we require:
- Ideally 5+ years of experience at a production manufacturing site with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role and demonstrated success in leading & growing an operational team
- Establishing and maintaining routines and process control to optimize floor performance
- Enabling efficiency through standardization and simplification
- Fluid with lean manufacturing practices
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Being part of a team that is creating something better each day and values each other
- A fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Identifying and solving problems with long term solutions
- Proficient in Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- At Double Good, we have a people first mindset and truly care about our humans. We are looking to build our team with people who are passionate about Double Good’s mission, values, and are interested in career progression. With the growth we are going through, there will be the opportunity for professional development
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- B.S in Operations Mgmt, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field
- Experience in growing high speed manufacturing
- 6 sigma certification is beneficial
About Double Good:
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.