Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 240 employees strong and growing.
Our growing Procurement team is responsible for finding secured, high quality sources of materials at a competitive cost. We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to help improve our supply chain security through the sourcing of backup raw materials & packaging, the vetting of potential suppliers, and the support of procurement analyses. This role will require continued interaction with outside vendors as well as working cross functionally with our internal Supply Chain, R&D, Brand Tech, and Finance teams.
This role will be hybrid with working 2-3 days/week out of our Burr Ridge and Elmhurst facilities.
About the role:
- Develop & maintain documentation on direct material sourcing and RFQ process
- Identify opportunities for improvements to sourcing and RFQ processes as aligned with industry best practices
- Conduct sourcing projects including but not limited to; vendor research, RFQ, sample request and tracking, and bid analysis
- Collect technical specifications and commercial specifications, including buyer info, bid item, volume, supplier management, pricing
- Support various Procurement analyses such as Standard Cost reporting, PPV reporting, and Spend Analysis
- Communicate and support cross-functional activities to ensure all identified project requirements are met on time and within budget
- Act as a liaison between potential vendors and other departments
- Work closely with the Quality & Food Safety team to ensure vendor compliance ensuring a stringent process for new vendor qualification and approval
- Responsible for ensuring project progress, vendor communications, documentation, and quotes are organized and accessible for broader project team and historical reference
Experience & Skills we value:*
- Demonstrated success in strategic sourcing role in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders including outside vendors, R&D, Food Safety/Quality, and Finance
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 2 - 4 years of work experience, eager to learn and grow with Double Good
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Background in food raw material or packaging sourcing
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Previous experience working in Excel and Google Suite
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.