Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 240 employees strong and growing.
As Double Good continues to grow and pursue our goal of being the most engaging product based fundraiser, our Brand Technical team is also expanding in response to the increasing need for technical expertise and commercialization process execution. The Senior Innovation Manager - Brand Technical will be responsible for building and supporting this highly-skilled, process-driven branch of the organization.
In this newly created role, you will work to build partnerships across different functions, enhance the technical capabilities of the organization, and create processes that will support innovation and brand change initiatives. By drawing on your experiences you will help build and lead a team of skilled, data-driven professionals responsible for innovation, brand change and supply optimization projects, as well as have the opportunity to be involved in the development of a more formalized commercialization process. To help us deliver the best popcorn in the world to our customers, we need a leader like you!.
This role is onsite at our Burr Ridge production facility.
About the role:
- Build the foundations necessary for Operations to support brand initiatives and add value to the brand, including both team and process development
- Identify the resources needed – people, tools, processes and meeting cadences – to foster a successful innovation project management culture, then put them in place
- Develop and lead the team involved with R&D testing, equipment commissioning and operational support
- Strengthen the technical capabilities and support the professional development of your team members so they can successfully execute strategic initiatives
- Implement best practices for product development and improvement process to ensure the technical, regulatory and commercial feasibility of strategic projects
- Ensure all brand technical projects are planned, communicated, documented and successfully completed on time and within budget
- Act as the liaison between function and technical areas of the organization so consumer insights and brand initiatives can be translated into tangible production goals
- Build and manage a pipeline of projects to ensure our customers continue to be engaged with our brand
- Improve upon the existing stage gate and project management framework to facilitate better communication and collaboration around brand change and commercialization projects
Experience & Skills we value:*
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, food science, food technology, project management or a related field
- Ability to champion change and garner buy in from various stakeholders
- 3-5 years experience leading a technical function, ideally with progressive responsibility and/or team building
- Demonstrated success in supporting and developing individuals in their technical career progression
- Project management or innovation experience in a manufacturing or CPG environment
- A passion for product quality and continuous improvement
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth company
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events ( Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.