Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 230 employees strong and growing
Double Good is looking for a highly organized and well rounded Parcel Shipping Project Manager to become part of our DTC Shipping Operation. The role will be working directly with inside and outside stakeholders on parcel shipping process related projects including parcel provider transitions and parcel cost optimization through process improvement and all related system changes in order to align with company needs. The Parcel Shipping Project Manager will also play a pivotal role in the support and implementation of a new ERP.
The expectation for this role will be to collaborate with cross functional teams and manage parcel related projects from inception through to completion. Projects will be multifaceted and include a variety of teams including IT, product, shipping, procurement and supply chain. The role will gain a strong understanding of all parcel shipping processes from end to end and leverage expertise in Connectship, Proship, and other similar shipping solutions as well as D365 ERP or similar applications to provide consultation, implementation, and ongoing support to the Double Good shipping team. The role will subsequently manage various facets of associated projects in order to successfully deliver them in a cost effective manner while communicating clearly with all applicable stakeholders, facilitators and partners. This role will require on site time but can be flexible and remote at times.
About the role:
- Engage directly with internal and external stakeholders to understand Double Good parcel shipping needs, business processes, and challenges. Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor throughout the project lifecycle
- Document parcel shipping business process for Double Good Supply and collaborate with stakeholders to identify gaps in the process.
- Collaborate with external and internal teams to design and develop comprehensive shipping solutions using Connectship, Proship, or equivalent software products. Create detailed implementation plans, including timelines, milestones, and deliverables.
- Obtain strong understanding of parcel carrier strategies to support recurring negotiations in order to support most cost effective shipping methodologies while maintaining speed to customer
- Gain full understanding of end to end parcel shipping process in order to act as a subject matter expert both through project management as well as ERP development and implementation
- Support the configuration of Connectship, Proship, or other shipping software to align with Double Good specifications, including carrier integrations, shipping rules, rate shopping, label customization, and reporting. Manage and perform testing and troubleshooting to ensure proper functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Analyze and optimize shipping processes to enhance efficiency, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction. Identify opportunities for automation, process improvements, and carrier service optimization using Connectship, Proship, D365 or related software capabilities.
- Coordinate implementation activities, tracking progress, and managing client expectations. Communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders, proactively addressing challenges during the implementation process.
- Develop business cases and track budgets were applicable as it pertains to capital requirements for shipping operations systems related projects.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and advancements in parcel shipping technologies. Identify opportunities to enhance Connectship, Proship, D365 or similar software products and provide feedback and insights to the product development team.
- Define the knowledge gaps in the business and how knowledge management/mentoring can be improved across the business.
- Define business requirements for application needs of the Shipping Operation
- Coordinate and support training of end-users to help them understand the changes. Help the users to work with the new solution through training videos and manuals in training sessions.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 3-5 years experience
- PMP certification beneficial
- Knowledge and previous implementation/configuration of Shipstation, Proship, Connectship or similar software packages is beneficial
- Knowledge of D365 ERP is beneficial
- Strong understanding of parcel shipping processes, carrier integration, shipping rules, rate shopping, label generation, and reporting.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaboration with the project team and other staff by utilizing technical skills and creativity. to ensure that products function properly and meet the needs of clients.
- Excellent analytical,, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills.
- Preparing and conducting video training modules to be used by end users and others.
- Passionate about pushing the envelope on current technologies and motivating others to adopt new development and testing methodologies.
About DoubleGood: At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey. As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We've helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers. As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide. Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It's a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.