At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey. As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers. As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
About the role
The Vice President of Product Engineering will lead the software development lifecycle for Double Good’s flagship product: our Virtual Fundraising platform, along with other stream-aligned development teams in Double Good’s engineering organization. This role will collaborate closely with leaders in platform engineering, product management, design, and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment with the company strategy, overall product vision and roadmap.
This role will be hybrid from our downtown Chicago office.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product engineering strategy that aligns with the company strategy, goals, and business objectives.
- Lead, manage, and scale the product engineering organization, including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management across technical areas
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and executives on the implementation of key projects and initiatives
- Collaborate closely with product management, design, and other stakeholders to prioritize projects, align resources, and ensure successful delivery
- Establish and refine Agile/Scrum methodologies, best practices, and engineering processes to improve efficiency, quality, and team collaboration
- Partner with our people team to recruit, hire, and onboard top engineering talent in support of the organization's growth while fostering a diverse, inclusive, and high-performing engineering culture
- Catalyze an inclusive, diverse product and engineering culture to ensure people feel valued and empowered to drive innovation that solves problems for our customers
- Foster an engineering functional culture of metrics-driven management, processes, methodologies, and KPI’s with clear goals, objectives, and quantifiable milestones
- Ensure seamless integration and collaboration across Double Good’s globally distributed product and core engineering teams by cultivating a spirit of partnership and mutual support
- Serve as a thought leader and advocate for engineering best practices, staying up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies, and fostering a culture of curiosity, experimentation, and continuous learning
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven, progressive leadership for an engineering technology organization of 40 or more people in the past
- A minimum of ten years of experience in software engineering, with at least five years in a leadership or management role
- Proven track record of managing and scaling self-sufficient distributed engineering teams, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to leading teams by determining key engineering metrics, and monitoring and improving those metrics.
- Experience developing globally distributed teams of software engineers and managers
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, engineering best practices, and modern software development tools and technologies
- Experience with SOA and microservice architectures
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Deep understanding of team organization concepts, such as stream-aligned teams, cognitive load management, Conway's Law, and the importance of clear team boundaries and collaboration patterns
- Strategic thinker, able to balance short-term goals with long-term vision, and make data-driven decisions
- Passion for building high-quality products that delight customers and drive business growth
- Experience working with and managing cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS.
- Previous experience working with a globally distributed team in Eastern Europe
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.