Double Good creates joy through our product-based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order, award-winning popcorn direct to supporters through an easy-to-use ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
Double Good grew over 40% in 2022 and we are on track to do that again this year. The driving force behind our phenomenal growth is due to our team’s continuous evolution by ensuring that our product and service resonates with our customers. To support this continued trajectory, we’re searching for a highly-skilled Brand Manager to help us maintain our position as an innovative fundraising authority through data-driven decisions, analysis and research.
In this newly created role, we are looking for this person to partner closely with our CMO & VP of Brand, along with leaders across functions, to serve as a point person for developing, implementing and executing marketing initiatives for the brand. It is essential to have a passion for our products and mission and feel strongly connected to the brand.
This role will be hybrid, based out of our downtown Chicago office.
About the role:
- Accountable for ensuring that our popcorn and donation SKUs are showcased across our channels to attract potential customers and retain current customers.
- Partner with the Operations team on popcorn decisions (ingredients, flavors, innovations, merchandising sets).
- Work closely with the Finance team to establish cost and price parameters and forecast sales estimates. Manage and develop P&L with Finance and create strategic plans to drive growth in alignment with consumer preferences and impact goals.
- Develop multi-year innovation roadmaps and strategies in existing and new categories
- Leverage consumer, cultural, category, competitive, wellness trends and technical information to uncover white space opportunity areas for exploration
- Complete in-depth category, consumer and competitive analyses
- Guide rapid concept and product prototyping and development
- Lead execution of market research to validate insights, concepts and product acceptability through consumer research and sensory evaluation
- Adept foundational consumer marketing skills including designing product positioning, idea generation, concept writing, commercialization, forecasting and guidance of P&L development
- Lead discovery, design, and commercialization of product innovations
- Lead cross-functional team to create consumer-centric concepts that are grounded in insights, differentiated, compelling, actionable and financially viable
- Champion the voice of the consumer in all innovation projects by translating consumer needs and desires into design specifications for cross-functional partners
- Lead product development from concept to shelf, including launch readiness assessment
- Develop contingency plans and translate business strategy, consumer needs, and product readiness to manage project delivery and avoid delays
- Partner and lead full cross-functional team across innovation initiatives
- Share consumer insights and emerging trends for inspiration
- Partner closely with Marketing team to ensure innovation strategies and concepts support business needs, partner on go-to-market as project transitions from innovation to launch
- Partner with Partnerships team to gather customer input on channel and pricing strategies for new innovations as well as to craft compelling selling stories for launch
- Lead presentation and brainstorm sessions and bring category & innovation subject matter expertise
- Own the category; be constantly curious about food/flavor trends, fundraising best practices, consumer behavior, technology innovations.
- Continuously monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products in the marketplace. These insights, synthesized with our own data, external sources and consumer behavior, will be crafted into actionable plans that fulfill business goals.
- Manage primary and secondary research to inform planning. Make investment decisions to ensure we are continually investing appropriately in the Double Good brand and our singular offering.
- Working cross-functionally with Operations, Engineering, Finance and Digital Marketing, develop and maintain a flavor calendar, innovation launches, merchandising decisions and customer communications around new flavors, new sets and pricing changes.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Proven success as a CPG Brand Manager with 7-10 years of experience, ideally in the food & beverage industry
- Strong communication skills, a willingness to listen and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Well-versed with analytical tools (Domo) and synthesizing multiple data points into actionable insights
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Entrepreneurial minded; ability to create structure and process when needed; a builder.
- Professional judgment, strong decision making skills and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Experience in maintaining and building enriching business relationships
- Ability to handle pressure and make complex decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or in business with a concentration in marketing. MBA preferred.
- Expert knowledge about marketing and related subjects (advertising, market research, consumer behavior, marketing analytics) culled from years of hands-on experience in the industry and in the marketing field
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids
- Relaxed, fast-paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear)
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.