Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
At our Burr Ridge location, we make Double Good’s delicious popcorn using a JIT (Just-In-Time) approach, rarely having more than 2 days of finished good inventory on hand. This allows us to provide the freshest product to our customers and makes adaptability and desire to learn important on our team.
Our Security Guard role is responsible for the safety of any person who is in the building. We prioritize the safety of our employees and this position would ensure that safety. Creating joy is only possible if we are putting the safety of our employees first.
About the role:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, and access points.
- Controls traffic flow in the parking lot by talking with drivers to ensure that all entrances and exits, in the parking lot, are accessible.
- Responsible for the main employee entrance, checking in the temporary workers at the employee entrance, and checking in visitors to the main building. Responsible for making sure that any non- Double Good employees are signing in the visitor log book.
- Responsible for reporting any suspicious activity and securing all exits, doors, and windows.
- Escorts discharged staff, trespassers, and other unwelcome parties off of the premises.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Designs, develops, and implements security protocols.
- Drafts, maintains, and updates security procedures and documentation
- Monitors and responds to emergency situations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This role will be onsite at our facility in Burr Ridge. The hours for this position will be 12:00 PM- 8:30 PM.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Demonstrated success as a security officer, security guard, police officer, loss prevention specialist, ideally with 4+ years experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail, observation, and surveillance.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience which developed the ability to perform tasks required by a security officer.
Nice to have:
- Experience in surveillance systems
- Trained in First Aid
- Advanced training or certification in safety in security
- Background in Law Enforcement or Military
- Associate’s degree in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing facility while adhering to safety procedures
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.