Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
In this newly created position, you will play a key role in helping Double Good’s lines stay running and migrate to a preventative maintenance model. Initially, you will organize and stock our first ever parts maintenance room. This includes tracking all of the physical inventory in our ERP software. Longer term the role will also include preventative maintenance scheduling.
Your core activities will include service parts planning, service parts purchasing, receiving, labeling and storing maintenance parts. In addition, you’ll be involved in reverse logistics, repair and recovery operations, follow up activities, and entry level workflow preparation. You will use independent judgment the majority of the time.
This role is onsite out of our Burr Ridge location.
About the role:
- Oversees the integrity of inventory and restocking of onsite spare parts and tools. This includes processing requisitions, checking on status of orders expedites late material orders, putting away stock, timestamping repair parts, pulling parts, and delivering component parts to maintenance technicians, and entering order and stocking data into ERP software.
- Performs regular cycle counts to ensure the integrity of the inventory. Resolves discrepancies. Works with Accounting and auditors to assure accuracy.
- Sources, manages, and schedules facility vendors including Landscaping, Wastewater, Security, Fire, and Snow Removal.
- Utilizes 5S and other Lean manufacturing principles create an effective layoff and systems for Double Goods’ new maintenance parts room and then work to continuously improve its layoff and operation.
- Analyzes inventory records, works closely with department managers/supervisors to assure areas stay within budget, and proposes changes to stock levels and reorder levels for effective inventory management [reducing slow moving or obsolete parts]. Establishes and maintains an aggressive cost reduction program, reporting results to department management.
- As needed, works with the purchasing team to research difficult to find and expensive parts or materials.
- Places claim with OEM's to replace defective parts under warranty.
- Participates in Service/Quality Initiative; continually improves processes; quantitatively monitors processes. Uses the Double Good Values in work environments. Adheres to company safety procedures.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Demonstrated success with parts room and parts inventory management, ideally where you have created and significantly improved a physical location and/or software tracking system for parts
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies including prior 5S experience
- High school or GED equivalent including the ability to apply math (fractions, computations, ratios, measurements) and to read, comprehend, write and convert instructions into work
- The ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds of materials and to adhere to all safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment, navigating the plant with alert behavior, operating power tools and machines according to instructions, and disposing of waste properly.
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Vendor management experience, ideally with facility services vendors (Landscaping, Wastewater, HVAC, Security, Fire, and Snow Removal)
- Strong analytical skills with prior experience in spare parts financials as it pertains to manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of machine repair and/or facility management
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.