Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
In this newly created role, Double Good is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer excited by the opportunity to help us automate our shipping and manufacturing processes. You will evaluate our current systems and work with leadership and consultants to improve and automate current processes to improve safety, product quality, and overall equipment efficiency.
As part of our team, you will create automated systems for use in a production and manufacturing environment. You will collaborate with departmental and corporate leadership to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities, creating detailed project road maps for automation projects that support our business objectives. You will program existing and new equipment as well as proactively train and help upskill the existing team.
This role will be onsite in our Burr Ridge with occasional travel to local facilities.
About the role:
- Determine best practices for safety around automated equipment in collaboration with the employee health and safety team to improve current safety systems and culture.
- Determine best inspection equipment for our process. The individual will be responsible for acquiring and installing, with support of contractors, any applicable quality inspection equipment. Role will also look to improve current product quality through automated equipment control
- Select, acquire, install and support quality inspection equipment with support from technical team members and external contractors to improve current product quality and advance automation.
- In both our shipping and production facilities, integrate OEE systems and provide leadership for all electrical and PLC controls to increase efficiency and scalability.
- As the organizational SME in process automation and PLC implementation, accountable for delivering multiple annual projects as a leader, individual contributor and/or collaborator.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, ideally focused on mechanical or electrical engineering
- Demonstrated success design and implementation of automated systems specifically related to manufacturing, the sweet spot is 5+ years of experience
- Programming experience including PLC (programmable logic controllers) integration (Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, or similar) and effective HMI (human machine interface) development experience
- Familiarity with NFPA 70e and all associated electrical safe work practices
- Effective problem solver including proficiency at troubleshooting and maintaining automation equipment and packaging equipment, including performing complex systems tests
- Demonstrated ability to continually upgrade technical knowledge and help Double Good’s team stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Previous experience and/or highly motivated to upskill existing team members as production is more automated
- Masters degree in relevant engineering specialty
- Implementation and/or support of robotics (Yaskawa), AI, and machine learning
- Previous experience with VFFS machines
- Previous experience in technical continuous improvement is beneficial using Six Sigma, 5S, root cause analysis, and/or CPS
- PMP Certification
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.