Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now a successful studio and part of the Take-Two Interactive family, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences.
Want to Take a personal hand in improving games played by millions world wide every day? Work on fast pace, challenging and fun projects? Empower a great team to be even better? Own vision and execution for an entire department? Drive both automation and manual testing strategies? Run teams globally? Work in a vibrant game design studio in a middle of the Meatpacking district in NYC? If you think your QA leadership skills are this good, we’d love to talk to you!
Dots is on the lookout for a QA Manager to take full ownership over the QA strategy and team at Dots across all games. We are searching for someone who will advance our QA department through the use of new technologies and cogent leadership. The ideal candidate has a strong mobile QA background, a track record managing both an onshore and an offshore team, and experience in mobile test automation. We want someone who can set clear and ambitious goals and then inspire and empower their team to achieve those goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Experience in mobile games is a big plus.
- Manage a 10+ person QA team, including both QA Leads and QA Engineers
- Define the vision and roadmap for QA department and execute against it on-time and on-budget
- Ensure that all game and engineering teams have the QA support needed to achieve product goals
- Facilitate ambitious goal setting for all QA team members and run in-depth biannual personnel performance reviews
- Ensure each QA pod has the resources and tools needed to hit both personal and team goals on time
- Work directly with engineering leads, game leads, and project managers across the company to coordinate roadmaps and release schedules
- Direct and oversee the QA automation initiative to ensure the team is delivering against the roadmap and helping cut the number of manual test cases required for sign off and increasing coverage of cases that are hard to test manually
- Stay up to date on best practices in mobile QA and mobile games and look to incorporate them into the organization
- Oversee hiring and training for all new QA team members
- Be the voice of player advocacy during roadmapping, triaging, and all other meetings
- Bachelor Degree, Engineering preferred
- 10+ years of industry experience, 5+ years of managing experience
- Experience directly leading mobile QA personnel, both internal and external
- Extensive hands-on experience performing quantitative testing on mobile software, games experience a big plus
- Ability to form and implement a comprehensive vision for a QA practice for a large direct to consumer product
- Knowledge of, and experience working in, a fast-paced and deadline-driven Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to mentor QA team members and help them advance in their careers
- Familiarity with iOS and Android store ecosystems and testing expectations
- Familiarity with testing back-end & data-dependent systems
- Experience contributing or leading automation efforts on mobile apps
- Ability to provide direction and feedback for test plans and testing processes created by your team
- Strong motivation to learn new things and improve
- Experience using a ticketing system like Jira
- Great technical communication skills both written and verbal
- Can give qualitative feedback when expected and can take some in return
- Passion for great mobile games
- Passion for beautiful, simplistic design
- Must be qualified to work in the United States
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots, Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the T2 family.
- While currently operating in a hybrid work environment, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
- We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.