Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. We need a Project Manager to join our diverse, multi-talented team.
We are looking for an outstanding Project Manager to assist with delivery for Dots’s flagship products, including Two Dots. Dots publishes leading mobile puzzle games, played in 70+ countries and routinely featured on the Apple App Store and Google Play store. Development for the games encompasses multiple parallel work streams requiring close collaboration between cross-functional teams, which this role will be critical in facilitating. It is a full-time position based in our NYC office.
This role’s objective is to enable the project teams to effectively execute the product roadmap and manage the various workstreams. You will guide the team’s execution, communicate and mitigate project risks, and balance business needs and project constraints. Ability to deliver to both value and dates is essential.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to cultivate relationships amongst the team, combine strong understanding of modern technologies with a strong track record of delivering multi-dimensional projects in a fast paced environment, and be comfortable handling ambiguity.
- Deliver against the product roadmap while balancing timeline expectations, team velocity, and product quality
- Refine the project’s SDLC on an ongoing basis and apply to various work streams
- Schedule, run, and improve Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand up, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Check in daily with development team members to update project status and delivery estimates, remove blockers, and surface unforeseen tradeoffs
- Maintain an effective change management process throughout the development team’s workstreams
- Oversee the app update release process, including handling translation services, internal and external build approval, pushing the update, communicating rollout status, and monitoring app health
- Maintain the team’s high morale and excitement about the work and contribution to Two Dots as well as company initiatives
- 3+ years experience running production or project managing a software development team, ideally for a mobile B2C product
- Game development experience using Unity is a strong plus
- Hands-on experience engineering large scale B2C or mobile systems is a strong plus
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management tools
- Significant experience employing SDLC and Agile methodologies with a sizeable team and cross-functional disciplines
- Ability to juggle multiple intersecting priorities
- Familiarity with development cycles with an iterative, Live Ops cadence
- Proven track record project managing delivery of complex mobile or e-commerce products with large DAU across multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience delivering global mobile products is a plus
- Strong understanding of Live Ops cadence and principles is a plus
- Strong communication skills with ability to process complex series of information and lead a group towards concrete actions
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Strong passion for mobile games, particularly free to play mobile titles (love for puzzle games a plus)
- Authorization to work in the United States
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- 401k contributions
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Health and Wellness stipend
- And more...