Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences.
We are looking for a high energy Backend Engineer to join our diverse, multi-talented team: one who is a great team player, intellectually curious, passionate builder of new and better things and wants to use technology to create exciting and successful products.
Become an integral contributor to building a best in class data driven backend to power a $1B global mobile gaming business.
Your responsibilities as a backend engineer will touch many parts of the business, from design and delivery of high performance gaming services to iteration on our CI/CD pipelines and tools for game designers and product managers. We are a full stack team, and you will have opportunities to work on everything from coding microservices to cloud infrastructure to security.
We believe in autonomy, mastery and purpose and expect everyone to bring one’s ideas to the table, own them and help the team grow to tackle bigger challenges.
Below are some of the things on our current roadmap. As a part of the backend engineering team, you will be responsible for creation, enhancement and maintenance of these systems, and more! If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat.
- Game Services - set of advanced high performance globally scalable microservices that power single- and multi-player features in our games.
- Game Management Tools - comprehensive LiveOps campaigns management and Customer Service tools that enable product and customer engagement teams to keep our games exciting and delight our players.
- Analytics Services - set of high performance real-time analytics and partner integration pipelines that capture player metrics and feed into our data lake.
- Automation / Engineering Tools - we want to keep our team as efficient and as agile as possible.
- Build & CI/CD pipelines - we continuously enhance our build tools and pipelines for both Game Client and Backend applications.
We are doing many cool things and you will be doing them with us!
- Self-starter looking for the next big challenge
- Compassionate team player with strong culture of giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Passion for building great systems and ambition to do it on global scale
- Solid computer science fundamentals and a great engineering intuition
- Lifetime dedication to quality, finding the best ideas and building unbreakable systems
- 3+ years of backend systems development experience
- preferably in e-commerce or other direct to consumer, data intensive backend or options / equity trading or market data
- hands on experience with SQL or non-SQL dbs
- familiarity with one of the major cloud providers
- familiarity with enterprise software architecture design patterns: Multi-Tier architecture, Domain Driven Design and etc.
- Good understanding of software development process
- Unit tests / integration tests
- PR process
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins is a plus
- Experience working with Product Managers and independently analyzing product requirements for technical design
- Experience working with QA and owning defects to resolution
- Drive to challenge yourself with new ideas, skills and technologies and teach the rest of the team
- A passion and knowledge for games is a big plus
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...