Inspired by minimalist art, Dots was created with the notion that beauty and fun are not mutually exclusive. Now as a successful studio, our goal is to provide the world with stylish and meaningful daily play experiences. Dots is seeking a Director of New Games Development to join our diverse, multi-talented team as the head of our creative pipeline. You’ll work alongside our executive teams to develop market strategy and commercial goals to drive planning, ideation, prototyping and testing processes. You’ll then work with our Product, Art and Design teams to generate a deep portfolio of potential projects that fit within company goals.
- Work to define long-term product and creative strategy for our new games pipeline.
- Define and evolve world-class standards for game design at Dots through your processes in developing the new games in our pipeline.
- Deliver against Dots’ core value of Player Connection by fostering strong playtesting and player feedback processes.
- Work closely with art, engineering and product teams to enable highly cross-functional development practices.
- Devise and run ideation and prototyping processes that generate potential new projects that meet the studios creative, business and product needs.
- Manage and evolve production, assessment and reporting processes for new game prototypes.
- Lead on communication of new games concepts, processes and outcomes across the studio.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proven success in the development and execution of game design for mobile games.
- Extensive hands-on game design experience, including gameplay, content and systems design.
- Strong literacy in product and business context for mobile game projects.
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience contributing to brand-building and IP development.
- Ability to drive creativity and innovation, while operating within strategic and commercial goals.
- Deep working knowledge of current mobile casual game space.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Dots is an award-winning gaming company with three mobile hits—Dots , Two Dots, and Dots & Co—and over 100 million installs. We are newly proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family.
While currently fully remote, we expect to return to our stylish office, located in Manhattan in the historic Meatpacking District, once we can safely do so.
We promote a friendly, honest, and collaborative work environment and believe we are at our best when we include everyone, regardless of one’s race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or attribute, and religious beliefs. We are proud of the diversity we’ve fostered and are continuing to make changes within the company to make Dots more equitable for everyone.
Here at Dots we offer a suite of benefits, including:
- Annual company retreat
- Regular company outings for team building
- Active Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion groups at Dots and Take-Two
- 100% health insurance coverage for you and your family (medical, dental and vision)
- One Medical membership
- HSA and FSA accounts
- 18 weeks paid Parental Leave for primary caregivers
- 401k contributions
- Student loan assistance program
- Discounts with CitiBike + Class Pass memberships
- And more...